Games that use iCloud Sync

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sweetdiss, Jan 28, 2012.

1. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I recently opened a poll asking how many iPad users here on the forums also have an iPhone. Not surprisingly, it was about 90%. I think it's safe to say that most iPad gamers also do at least SOME gaming on their iPhones.

iCloud syncing is amazing because it allows you to play a game at home on iPad, and then while you're out (on the bus, on a break at work, in between classes, etc...) you can continue where you left off on the smaller screen. Sounds like the future. Unfortunately, it seems most developers shy away from this.

I don't know anything about game development, so I have no idea if it's because it's super difficult to implement, or costs a lot of extra money, or whatever. But I thought I'd start a new thread to highlight games that DO use this functionality, in the hopes that more jump on board in the future.

So far the only ones I can think of off the top of my head are Infinity Blade II and Super Crate Box (though that's an update or two away).

What are some others?

2. kevlar x

kevlar x Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    I love Icloud game save syncing and think it should be automatic to include this with universal games. I'm sure there are plenty of games that have icloud syncing but the only ones that spring to mind are Anomaly Warzone HD and Sprinkle.

3. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Scribblenauts says it does, I haven't tested it

4. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Muse and Infinity Blade are only ones i know and play

We need it for Gta!!! Lol

5. aston2killer

aston2killer New Member

Sep 30, 2011
    baker
    Sussex England
    I think paper monsters does :)

6. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Crazy Hedgy

7. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

No sadly it doesnt...yet :)

8. Validuser

Validuser Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Qvoid (that puzzle game) has iCloud syncing. I feel it should be a must for games from now on.....like seriously. I hate replaying sections on my iPhone just to catch up with my iPad!

9. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Paper Monsters does sync progress, just not score. So you don't have to replay levels just to unlock them, you can continue where you left off, but your score is separate on both devices. Perhaps they did that for people who want different scores for the iPad and iPhone versions? Personally I would prefer a full sync, but am already glad that at least I can continue in world 4 on my iPhone after I played the first 3 worlds on iPad.

10. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Civilization Revolution has iCloud sync, but only for the first save slot. It does regularly backup though, which is really nice.

11. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Any others?