Turbografx Gamebox.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Issac, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    So the last several times I tried to open said app with my iPod's wireless on, the app would close without me doing anything. If I turn the wireless off, the app opens and runs fine.

I'm not running the latest version of the app (which removes 4 of the games) - does anyone know if this is intentional to 'force' people to update? Thanks:)

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    If you had purchased any of the removed games, you can still play them after the update (I retained R-Type). What version of iOS are you running? I've been dreading the day the app just stops working. Afaik Hudson no longer exists. I don't know who the caretaker of the app is (Hudson Entertainment has been gone since 2011 so someone is renewing their license and published the update), but I wouldn't expect any compatibility updates. Anyway, it was still working last times played it,which was a few months ago but after the last update.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just keeps crashing for me at the moment. Was working a week who on ios7. Now just constantly crashes. Arrrgh

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Went onto the itunes page to contact support. A pain, used to like it when theres a support email address, now its some crazy help page where you have to create a login etc to contact them.

Tempted to leave a 1 star review but ideally i want to contact their support

5. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Thanks :) I knew about retaining the removed games - bought Ninja Spirit a while back. Like I said, it runs fine with the wireless off, but as soon as the wireless is on (to see what the day's free game is) the app shuts off. Doesn't even make it past the screen where Bonk drags the Turbografx logo with him. It's just a theory of mine that it is Hudson's (?) way of forcing users to update to the version that has the Irem games removed.

Thanks for the responses, everyone!