TestRun [free app]: rate how apps run on your device

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by onlyplastik, May 10, 2013.

1. onlyplastik

onlyplastik New Member

May 8, 2012
    software developer
    Atlanta
    I'd like to announce my new app, TestRun. The idea for this app started because I'm a big gamer but I don't upgrade my phone every year. I got frustrated not knowing if new games would run well on my older iPhone or not. In TestRun, you don't rate the app itself—you rate how well the app runs on your device. You can also write a review to explain exactly what the performance problem is. TestRun is a great fit for people who don't want to upgrade every year, and people who've gotten hand-me-down devices from family members.

I'm hoping TestRun will save you money by not buying apps that won't work for you, and by letting you be happier with your older device for longer if you don't want to upgrade yet! Please give it a try and let me know if you have any suggestions for things I could do to make it more useful. You can contact me here, at josh ]at[ testrunapp ]dot[ com, or at @testrunapp

App Store Link

Here are some screenshots. When you pull up an app, you see a list of ratings for different devices:

[​IMG]

Tapping one of the devices gives you a breakdown of how many ratings at each star level, as you'd expect:

[​IMG]

Reviews are optional, unlike the super-frustrating iPhone App Store ;-)

[​IMG]

Create an account to configure your list of devices, so that you only see ratings for the devices you have:

[​IMG]