Rugby Nations 09 coming soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by distinctivegames, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 distinctivegames, May 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2009
    Hi all,

Nigel from Distinctive here to announce our latest iPhone game 'Rugby Nations 09'. Obviously, this will appeal mainly outside of the US but I'd welcome all comments on the game.

For those of you who don't know, Distinctive have a long track record of developing sports games such as FIFA, Brian Lara Cricket, Michael Vaughan Cricket on mobile phones and most recently Anytime Pool on iPhone.

Rugby Nations 09 is a full 15 on 15 Rugby Union game featuring 10 national teams from around the World. Release date for the game has been set to be around mid-June at a price of £2.99/€3.99

We initially planned to release the game earlier in the year but we've spent a lot more time polishing the game and adding more features to make it great value for money.

Headline features include:

• Full 15 players per team
    • 10 nations teams.
    • Excellent 3D graphics.
    • Three different cup competitions.
    • Unique control system using a mixture of accelerometer and touchscreen controls.
    • Swipe controls to score conversions.

[hqyoutube]iikfGDsIB-Y[/hqyoutube]

2. Chapperz :D

Chapperz :D Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    England
    wow looks nice.might get this.you won't have much competition because i can't find a rugby game on the app store.

3. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Looks good. It reminds me of that EA Rugby game with no year (i.e - 09). This should go down well with us Brits :D

4. TumbleBug

TumbleBug Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Hi.
    This sounds really good. I have been waiting for ages to have a rugby game on the iPhone. I cannot wait to watch the video but I do not got wifi. I am from scotland and I would like to know if Scotland is one of the nations.

5. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    #5 LBG, May 31, 2009
    Last edited: May 31, 2009
    I'm pretty sure it will have Scotland.
    England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, New Zealand, Austrailia, South Africa, Italy, France - those are all the most well know countries with rugby teams and that only makes up 9 out of the 10 teams which could included in the game.

6. Hey LBG,

You're exactly right. With the tenth team being Argentina. Glad to know people are looking forward to it!

Nigel

7. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    #7 BrettArchibald, May 31, 2009
    Last edited: May 31, 2009
    Woot!!1 :D

When you play this game on your iPhone, it doesn't matter which team you pick, the Springboks will always win! :D
    Bring it on! ;)

8. frogtorch

frogtorch Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Awesome. This looks like it might be a winner.

Argentina!

9. TumbleBug

Nov 15, 2008
    I have watched the video and it looks great.
    I am curious about how the controls work.
    Any chance u could explain it or even better a vidoe demonstration.
    I can't wait.

10. SejRiz

SejRiz Member

May 13, 2009
  11. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Hahaha, I forgot about the Argies.
    It will be nice to have a rugby game on the iPhone. There are no rugby games on the PSP and I think the last time I played a rugby game was on a PS2, quite some time ago. As a rugby player and fan, I will make this a priority in my £10 a month saving-up-for-new-motorcycle-scheme app limit, lol.

12. Hey TumbleBug,

I've put these images together to try to explain the controls. We'll try to make a video of this before the game launches.

Attack Controls
    [​IMG]

Defend Controls
    [​IMG]

Hope that helps!

Nigel

13. odelay

odelay Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Hey Nigel, that's great, thanks. Makes a lot more sense now. Any indication of a release date?

Thanks!

14. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

are there going to be real players or just the teams?? Also will there be ratings for team/players or again is it just the name to differ.

Also Ireland RULE (in europe :p)

15. The game has been submitted to Apple so we're hoping the game will be out before the British Lions first test against South Africa. However, no-one can truly predict how long the Apple approval process will take. I'll be sure to let you all know here and on Twitter when it is released though :)

The teams are different and ranked based on the current world rankings so Ireland are quite good but not quite as good as the All Blacks.... sorry :D

We don't have player names in the game as yet. We're planning to do at least 3 major updates to the game before we turn our attention to Rugby Nations 10 so we welcome all suggestions for improvements.

Thanks for all the feedback so far!

Nigel

16. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

excellent. so it will (hopefully) be out next week. Thats pretty cool. Also having ratings is great too. Im guessing the competitions are 6 nations, world cup (sorta) and tri nations??

17. Edm

Edm Well-Known Member

May 9, 2009
    Controls suggestions

This game sounds great, but I think for the next update the controls should change to something like this:

D-pad on the left of the screen to control player movement.

Control buttons on the right, which would be:

ATTACKING: Pass right, Pass left, Kick, Handoff
    (Double tap pass button for dummy pass)

DEFENDING: Switch Player, Tackle, Spear Tackle

18. lafuria

lafuria Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    :cool::D

I'm looking forward to this!

19. TumbleBug

Nov 15, 2008
    Thank you so much for this I now understand how this is played. I hope this is Good. Can't wait to play.

20. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    hey, Nigel.
    Do you have any gameplay videos you can show us? The trailer was good, but I'd like to see more of the gameplay.
    Thanks,
    LBG