New to the forum...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Topher, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Topher

Topher Member

Aug 9, 2011
    First, let me just say this place is great!

I got an iPad 2 a couple months ago and am pretty new to this particular gaming scene. I just had a few questions...

There seem to be soooo man games, how do I know which ones are the best? Is there somewhere to view an aggregate score ranking or anything like that? List of best games?

Are there any fighting games for iPad that are decent? I would love street fighter or kof but it seems like they are just iPhone games...

Is there a list of must-play games somewhere? Any recommendations? I have a lot of good games already but it seems like I'm probably missing out. I've played angry birds rio, battle heart, infinity blade, world of goo, NBA jam, and then i picked up gessundheit and ember wind based on this site...

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Go to the What to Get thread....

3. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    If your interested in the most popular games then an obvious place to check would be the top paid section in the AppStore. If you want more in-depth suggestions then do what Twiggy said and hit up the Mass What Should I Get? thread. Explain your preferances based on your likes and dislikes and also budget and people will give you a good idea of the freshest titles for your taste.

Welcome to the site btw. :)

4. Topher

Topher Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Thanks.

Are there ANY quality fighting games on iPad btw?

5. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    #5 Madman100, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
    The only quality fighting games I can think of are SF4V and KoF. Fight Night should be universal though and I've heard some good stuff about it. You might wanna check it out. But KoF is AWESOME!

UFC Undisputed has a lite version. And if your into Soul Caliber esque then check out Blades of Fury by Gameloft. It has a lite version as well. There are also a bunch of smaller budget games that can be just as fun though, and a lot for free. And probably some quality iPad exclusives that I'm not even aware of.