FLASHOUT 2 (by Jujubee), Universal

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Mike.Jujubee, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Mike.Jujubee

Mike.Jujubee Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    #1 Mike.Jujubee, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    I am happy to announce the sequel to our highly-acclaimed anti-gravity racer FLASHOUT 3D! The game is coming to iOS, Android, Mac and PC. It will offer a redesigned and enhanced Career Mode, much better physics and graphics, challenges, spectacular circuits and from day one an online multiplayer mode.

If you didn't have the chance to play the first game (FLASHOUT 3D), you can still give it a try:

App Store (iOS): https://itunes.apple.com/app/flashout-3d/id563209339

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FINAL VERSION SCREENSHOTS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BETA VERSION SCREENSHOTS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ALPHA VERSION SCREENSHOTS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gfours

Gfours Active Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Very nice...

...instabuy for me ;)

3. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
  4. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Looks good. Please add LOCAL multiplayer.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Looks solid. All im gonna say for now.

6. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Seems pretty good. Nice sense of speed. I hope the weapons are better than those in 3D.

7. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    Actually every element of the game will change for the better because this time we have much more time to polish the game. In the case of weapons there will also be many improvements and we will add a new one. Cheers!

8. This looks very interesting.

9. jordn613

jordn613 Member

May 18, 2013
    This game does look good, but I'm curious how they're getting away with ripping off Wipeout so completely without being sued by Sony (or whoever holds the rights to that franchise now).

Putting the name (Flashout/Wipeout) and entire antigrav future racing similarities aside, the icons and HUD layout are nearly identical.

10. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    Following this logic, wonder why Wipeout creators got away with ripping off F-Zero then. Or why they didnt sue the creators of Star Wars Racer;).

Anti-gravity racing games are a genre.

And so there are many antigravity racers on the market, Wipeout wasn't the first one nor the last one - it was the most popular one, and that's about it. Just because it was the most popular one it doesn't mean that Sony has monopoly for anti-gravity racers. You could say that Forza is a rip off of Gran Turismo and PES of FIFA, and so on. On iOS solely there are probably 15 or more antigrav racers.

Anyway I will not argue with you because you have the right for your opinion, but I can assure you that while we agree that Wipeout was an amazing games series, we are doing our own thing and a different game. You don't have to believe me, but that's how it is;).

I hope that when the game will be out you will have the chance to play it and then you will agree. Cheers!

11. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    apart from genre and the name, there aren't many similarities. The HUD shares the futuristic theme of wipeout, but that is where similarities start and end. This one is way too cluttered IMO, especially since there's no need to have buttons for weapons you can't even use yet, so I think they could actually vastly improve the game by adopting some of the minimalist style of wipeout. I also don't see how the icons are similar, once again besides the future theme.

12. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    That's actually a good remark - I think I will pass this one to the development team for consideration. Thanks!

13. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Well one verry noticeable difference between this and Wipeout is that Wipeout tracks tend to be a lot tighter and much closer to the ground. That, and the ships in Wipeout take up a much larger portion of the screen.

14. jordn613

jordn613 Member

May 18, 2013
    #14 jordn613, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

Which game is this from?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    Well, what you posted proves for sure that the layout and HUD is nothing like in Wipeout. I give you that some generic icons look similar, that's often the case with geometric shapes - they look alike. Anyway this is still work in progress and we don't want any doubts, so you can be sure that in the final version the icons will be changed - thanks for pointing this out!

16. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    This. There are only so many different geometric shapes.

Honestly though, I'm very ok with any dev trying to emulate wipeout, or any other console game. Gamelofts been doing it for years. They usually only make games that won't be coming to mobile from their original devs, which is fine by me because that means their games are the closest thing to the console editions that we will see on mobile.

17. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Then again, the HUD doesn't look like that in all Wipeout games...

[​IMG]
    (Since one can't take screenshots of Wipeout 2048 outside of the "Photo mode" I had to take the picture with my camera.)

18. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    #18 sicksilvo, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  19. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    no sense of speed at all and it looks just like the first one. big supporter for the first one but im really disappointed about the gameplay, but what really bothered me is the lack of SUPPORT and UPDATES. now they release the "supposed to be an upgrade of the first version" and call it FO2.

/rant

20. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    #20 Mike.Jujubee, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
    Redribbon you got it wrong, this is a completely new game with 100% new stuff, new mechanics, etc.:) As for the sense of speed you don't need to worry - the demo at Gamescom was not balanced and was much, much slower than the actual game will be - hopefully we will upload some nice gameplay videos quite soon and I can assure you the game is faaaaaaaast ;).

Anyway if anyone wants to find out more on FLASHOUT 2, we provided some answers on our blog: