PDF PROvider converter from Dar-Soft

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Dar-Soft, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Dar-Soft

Dar-Soft Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    #1 Dar-Soft, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
    [​IMG]

PDF PROvider for iPad in the AppStore

What Is PDF PROvider?
    PDF PROvider is the most enhanced PDF converter, viewer, merger and manager in one pack. Create reports, research papers, material selections from different sources, offline reading packs, etc. It allows converting Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Pages, Numbers, Keynote files, HTML pages, Photos, Maps and Contacts and merging all types of documents and ready PDFs into a single PDF file. It also enables you to annotate created PDF documents, so you can add text notes, images.

You can collect several PDF documents into one or several documents of different formats into one PDF document. This allows you to be sure that your report or presentation will be viewed exactly in the way you want. It also eliminates all software related troubles – you don’t need to bother that somebody needs to install lots of tools to view your documents – just Adobe PDF Reader which is completely free.

How It Works
    PDF PROvider allows you to convert documents of lots of formats such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Pages, Numbers, Keynote files as well as Photos and Contacts to Adobe PDF format on the iPhone and iPad.

Once installed PDF PROvider appears in the “Open In…” list for many popular file types. So you can convert attachments from Mail, documents opened with Safari and even official Dropbox and MobileMe iDisk applications. You can also copy documents to PDF PROvider via USB cable using iTunes File Sharing.

[​IMG]

Converting Web Pages
    To save Web pages into PDF you can use advanced internal Web-browser. You can open, preview and convert to PDF either HTML or any other web page. This allows you to view saved pages later in the same form as they were displayed in your browser, even if you are not able to connect to the Internet by some reason. Moreover, you can save any web page to PDF and then copy it to another device using iTunes, for example to your Mac for detailed analysis. Also you can send saved pages instead of just URLs to be sure that recipient will see them just the same way as you in your browser.

PDF PROvider also supports converting web pages from any web browser using special bookmarks or URL prefixes.

[​IMG]

Advanced PDF Processing
    PDF PROvider allows reorder or delete pages in PDF documents. You can merge several documents of any supported format into single PDF document or combine several previously converted PDF documents in desired order using a special Merge dialog.

PDF PROvider enables you to view and convert Maps right from the app. This will enables you to enrich your documents with map fragments, allowing to exactly define the location mentioned in the document.

In addition to geo-illustrating the app provides the full set of annotation tools such as - text notes, markers, drawing tools, images and stamps.

With PDF PROvider you can create and annotate PDF documents of any complexity making them clear and visual for any user.

[​IMG]

PDF PROvider Features

Save to PDF and share:
    * Pages, Numbers and Keynote documents
    * Maps
    * Word, Excel and PowerPoint files
    * Photos
    * Pictures and Texts from Clipboard
    * Contacts
    * Web Pages

With PDF PROvider you can:

* Open files from official Dropbox, MobileMe iDisk and other cloud storage applications
    * Transfer documents from desktop computers
    * Copy & Paste notes from the Notes application
    * Open documents from Mail and Safari
    * Converted PDF files can be opened in iBooks for best reading experience. Also, you can send PDFs by e-mail, open in other apps and even transfer to computer over USB using iTunes File Sharing.

2. Dar-Soft

Oct 10, 2011
    PDF PROvider 1.7.0 is already available in the AppStore

We are happy to announce that the new version of PDF PROvider 1.7.0 for both iPhone and iPad with the support of iOS 5 has been released recently!

[​IMG]

3. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #3 violentv, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
    I grabbed a copy of PDF PROvider for the iPad as soon as I heard Darsoft had updated it for ios5.0. I am someone who likes to work on the go and across multiple devices/computers and I find this app immensely useful. it would be perfect if they can address the issue stated below.

I have left a review in the US AppStore as TheVengeulOne

4. Dar-Soft

Oct 10, 2011
    Thanks! We will consider your suggestion in the future updates!

5. Dar-Soft

Oct 10, 2011
    Completely new PDF PROvider

We’ve got breaking news!
    In the next update PDF PROvider will radically change its look! Be also prepared to see some new and outstanding features about working with the content of your PDF documents that will make PDF PROvider an indispensable app for your iPad or iPhone.

6. mood

mood Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow, such a great app. Open larger PDF/WORD/EXCEL documents so fast, converter to PDF is fast, too.
    I love it so much!
    But I think the logo is not very good, I hope you can update a cooler logo.
    Besides, when I open a ppt document I found that some pictures in PPT can not be display out.
    It is very important to me, so I also think you can update it.
    BTW, how can I create a new folder in Documets item?
    Thank you so much!
    -Ggyu409

7. xbeta

xbeta Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    #7 xbeta, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
    Hmmm~~

Yeah, Dar-soft again… I didn't have the copy of this app , but i wanna say that the logo (icon) is not attractive , and there should be a trial (lite) version . And seems that pdf printer for iphone and pdf provider for iphone are very likely (maybe advanced like you mentioned) , but both charged …
    I think maybe a universal version is better , and a lite version is also needed. of course, just my personal view~

8. Dar-Soft

Oct 10, 2011
    Thanks for an advice! We will think about how to improve the logo.
    About .ppt files: while testing we didn't face the problem when pictures can't be displayed, but thanks again, we will work on it.
    For now there is no option to create folders, but in the next update you'll be able to do that!!
    And some new and awesome functions are coming in the next update!

9. Dar-Soft

Oct 10, 2011
    Yep, Dar-Soft again :)
    OK, probably we do need to improve the logo! Well, we'll try our best.
    For now PDF PROvider is a more extensive version of PDF printer and they have similar functions and interface, but since the new update of PDF PROvider is coming, the app will change its look and will be completely different from PDF Printer.
    Lite version - maybe, maybe...

10. Dar-Soft

Oct 10, 2011
    #10 Dar-Soft, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
    BLACK FRIDAY discount on all products from Dar-Soft!

We are starting Christmas sales, as many other companies, at BLACK FRIDAY - 25, November 2011. This is a rare possibility for our respected users to buy any of our products in the App Store at a special price of 0.99 USD!

This time our discount action will last from 12 AM (GMT) 25, November 2011 till 12 AM (GMT) 28, November 2011. So we are giving you a very long three-day BLACK FRIDAY to view and buy something from our great set of printing tools and PDF processing utilities or project management software!

You can find more information about applications from Dar-Soft on our Products page.

We highly appreciate your feedbacks on our product pages in the App Store, because they allow us to make our products better for you.

[​IMG]

11. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    does this have a built in web browser to download webpages?

12. Dar-Soft

Oct 10, 2011
    Yes, it has its own internal web browser to convert webpages to PDF.

13. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    This could use a full retina update, but besides that I really like all the functionality. Also, i think we should be able to move pdfs between the converted pdf's and documents sections.

14. coreguy

coreguy New Member

Dec 9, 2008
    #14 coreguy, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
    I have just grabbed a copy. Neat interface and good set of functions. Clipboard conversion is nice.

One thing I would suggest is to enhance the web browser, add essential features like search bar, tabs etc. it will be quite handy if a bookmarklet can be added into safari. Browse with safari then open URL in PDF provider. Also google doc integration is what I would love to see.

Overall, good work!

15. Dar-Soft

Oct 10, 2011
    Thanks! We are planning to add something like 'Custom URL Schemes' to PDF PROvider - it is similar to bookmarklets and will also allow to load webpages from Safari in our web browser. The support of Google Docs is also in the feature list.

16. Dar-Soft

Oct 10, 2011
    Yeah, we've already got similar suggestions about retina display and will try to improve in that direction.
    About moving converted pdf's to documents: it's not difficult to implement, but the question is how important is that feature for you?
    I mean you're the first user with that request and it's interesting for what do you need this?
    Also, in our plans is to add the opportunity of creating folders in PDF PROvider... Maybe this option will discard the need of the one you suggested. Or am I wrong?

17. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    I'd like it since I would mainly be using this app to convert webpages to PDF's, and then adding them to existing PDF's in my dropbox. But since webpages saved as PDF's are saved to the converted folder, I don't believe there is a way to move them back to the documents to merge them with existing PDFs. Also, i would love to see folders as well, and maybe just the removal of the converted PDFs altogether. Why not just allow a user to name the new document/PDF and have it stay in the documents folder with the chosen name. Anyway, I am happy with it so far, but I would be great if this functionality was added.

18. Dar-Soft

Oct 10, 2011
    It makes sense now. Sure, we will try to add that function.
    Thanks! :)

19. Dar-Soft

Oct 10, 2011
    #19 Dar-Soft, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
    Multi Language support!

At numerous requests, the new version of PDF PROvider 1.8.5 now supports German and Russian languages!

[​IMG] + [​IMG]

20. Dar-Soft

Oct 10, 2011
    PDF PROvider for iPad with the new Retina-Quality Interface

We are excited about the release of the new iPad and congratulate all iPad users with this new arrival! As you may already know, the new iPad is coming with the Retina display.

The new update of PDF PROvider 1.9.0 has the Retina-Quality User Interface, which adds even more bright experience and comes to the next quality level.

The update is already available to download on the App Store!

[​IMG]