Modern Combat 5

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Hambo12, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
  2. If some of the rumours are true that Nova 4 won't be released this year, but a Modrrn Combat 5 will be, why? Isn't Nova more popular than mc? Plus mc4 isn't quite finished yet with ipad 4 retina support and Gameloft Duo gamer support. So why come out with mc5 so soon?

3. elisha11230

elisha11230 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Link just redirects. But im pretty sure I know what picture it is. Gameloft posted it on their Modern Combat facebook group. I am almost positive it has nothing to do with MC5, but it is in fact just another MC4 concept art. One website just decided to make it out to be a teaser of MC5 and many other websites just went with it.

Although Modern Combat 5 will be coming out, I highly doubt that picture is a teaser photo.

4. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    +1 IMO I prefer Nova over MC, but sadly, the lack of weapons for Nova 3 three is killing it for me.. :(

5. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    There was a decent pool of weaponry to choose from, and if you go buy MC4's insane armory, you can prolly get your hopes up for MC5 and N.O.V.A. 4.

6. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Because mc4 didn't do as good as mc 3 they haven't even updated as much or anything and need to get something out now

7. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    I doubt they'd release modern combat 5 until very late this year, I'm not sure it's really possible to make a whole new game, which should have significant improvements over mc4, in just 5 months, if anything, it could end up releasing in early 2014 so they have more time to improve over mc4.

8. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    MC3: ~5 months for 2 new perks and lots of fixes. Hackers since the first version of the game.
    MC4: ~3 months for 2 new weapons and lots of fixes. NO hackers since the first version of the game.

9. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I don't think the online multiplayer fan base for n.o.v.a.3 is as large as Mc3-4

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    There are a very few infinite grenade/auto rocket launchers cheaters, but they're very, very rare. Nothing like MC3 had. Overall the anticheating support, and support overall (retina will be fixed) has been very satisfactory. Have to hand it to the MC4 team, I'm very impressed. Just a better campaign this time around, ok? Seriously MC2's was a ton of fun.

11. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I never faced a hacker in MC4. I guess I'm lucky. But I rather have some game modes with zombies instead of better campaign.

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    A better campaign wouldn't be that hard. Just put all that time and money used for cinematics/voiceovers and use it to create larger levels, different enemies (seriously, why not an enemy with a riot shield? How about attack dogs? How about enemy drones? There are tons of possibilities).

Even better than zombies: some sort of co-op spec ops mode.