Giana Sisters iPhone & Mac SALE! (4.99 > .99)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by AnarKitty, Dec 15, 2011.

1. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    #1 AnarKitty, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011

Giana Sisters

Kaasa solution GmbH
    Supporting MFi controller! When idols die - legends are born! More than 25 years ago Armin Gessert developed with GIANA…
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Supporting MFi controller! When idols die - legends are born! More than 25 years ago Armin Gessert developed with GIANA SISTERS one of the first Jump'n Run games for the Commodore 64. The console manufacturers got anxious and tried to stop the sisters. The end seemed close. But they failed and GIANA SISTERS with packaging has become a rare collector's item. ***************************************** "It draws its strength from its unashamed inspiration, offering a tight, fully-featured and excellently crafted platformer that really raises the bar for the AppStore"(toucharcade.com) "Giana Sisters is definitely a worthy addition to your game library.... Giana Sisters is among the best platform games for the iPhone" (touchgen.com) **************************************** The legend is back, better and bigger than ever before. To use the potential of current devices we improved the graphics and controls. Today the game captivates through its full HD graphic and a new userfriendly menustructure. The game offers everything a real Jump'n Run game needs. Perfectly balanced for hours of fun on all current iOS devices. Freed from the dust of decades, GIANA SISTERS always retains its cherished style, familiar features and the legendary original soundtrack in a fresh revision. By then the polished 32 fully restored classic levels will cause teary eyes to many fans of the original version! Today the sisters celebrate their jump on the hitlists of the gaming world. Including a lot of new adventures, retro feeling and modern design: - 80 completely new adventures - 32 retro level - superbright Full HD graphic - 5 languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian - legendary soundtrack, inspired by Chris Huelsbeck - freely selectable controls - Game Center We love to play Giana Sisters as well and we act on the principle: “Bug reported. Bug fixed.” Feel free to send us your questions and suggestions to: [email protected]
    Information
    Seller:Kaasa solution GmbH
    Genre:Arcade, Family
    Release:Feb 09, 2010
    Updated:Feb 17, 2016
    Version:3.1.1
    Size:326.2 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Giana Sisters

Kaasa solution GmbH
    UPDATE 2013 - RETINA DISPLAYED - UPDATE 2013 - FULL HD ***************************************** "It draws its strengt…
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    UPDATE 2013 - RETINA DISPLAYED - UPDATE 2013 - FULL HD ***************************************** "It draws its strength from its unashamed inspiration, offering a tight, fully-featured and excellently crafted platformer that really raises the bar for the AppStore"(toucharcade.com) "Giana Sisters is definitely a worthy addition to your game library.... Giana Sisters is among the best platform games for the iPhone" (touchgen.com) **************************************** When idols die - legends are born! More than 25 years ago Armin Gessert developed with GIANA SISTERS one of the first Jump'n Run games for the Commodore 64. The console manufacturers got anxious and tried to stop the sisters. The end seemed close. But they failed and GIANA SISTERS with packaging has become a rare collector's item. The legend is back, better and bigger than ever before. To use the potential of current devices we improved the graphics and controls. Today the game captivates through its full HD graphic and a new userfriendly menustructure. The game offers everything a real Jump'n Run game needs. Perfectly balanced for hours of fun on your Mac and all current iOS devices. Freed from the dust of decades, GIANA SISTERS always retains its cherished style, familiar features and the legendary original soundtrack in a fresh revision. By then the polished 32 fully restored classic levels will cause teary eyes to many fans of the original version! Today the sisters celebrate their jump on the hitlists of the gaming world. Including a lot of new adventures, retro feeling and modern design: - 80 completely new adventures - 32 retro level - superbright Full HD graphic - 5 languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian - legendary soundtrack, inspired by Chris Huelsbeck - freely selectable controls - Game Center We love to play Giana Sisters as well and we act on the principle: “Bug reported. Bug fixed.” Feel free to send us your questions and suggestions to: [email protected] HAPPY JUMPING! Your Kaasa team!
    Information
    Seller:Kaasa solution GmbH
    Genre:Arcade, Family, Games
    Release:Sep 30, 2011
    Updated:Mar 04, 2016
    Version:3.1.0
    Size:123.9 MB
    User Rating:Unrated

First time sale for under a dollar for the iPhone/iTouch & Mac versions of this fantastic, classic platformer. :)

2. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    #2 jeffyg3, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
    Why leave the iPad version out of this? Also down to 99 cents

Giana Sisters HD

A new year's gift from us !
    Giana Sisters for a special price on all Apple platforms until the 23.1. (including tha…
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    A new year's gift from us !
    Giana Sisters for a special price on all Apple platforms until the 23.1. (including that day)

More than 20 years ago Armin Gessert developed with GIANA SISTERS one of the first Jump'n'Run games for the Commodore C64 - the console manufacturers got anxious - one of them tried to stop the sisters and the end seemed close. But you might say when idols die then legends are born ! As in this case. C64, Amiga, Amstrad and Atari ST Gamer honor GIANA SISTERS and an original game with packaging has become a rare collector's item.

The legend is back, better and bigger than ever before. Four years after the successful mobile phone version the GIANA SISTERS celebrate their arrival in the new millenium as an iPad App, without loosing their 80s charm. We have improved the graphics of the levels from the iPhone especially for the iPad, and the game was expanded to accommodate the additional requirements and options of the iPad. Thus, the GIANA SISTERS HD app now features captivating HD graphics, freely movable buttons, and much more.

The newly polished 32 classic levels from the old days should result in hear palpitation and teary-eyes for real enthusiasts. Even though GIANA SISTERS has been polished off from its decade old dust, now it goes strong with the known style, legendary sound and all classic features. Jump deep into the Giana world with 80 new adventures. Choose between classic or touch control as well as several new features.

GIANA SISTERS provides you with fun for your iPad that lasts for hours !

- 80 new levels
    - 32 retro levels
    - completely new graphic set especially for the iPad
    - 2 controls (touch and classic)
    - iPod connection - play your own music while you play GIANA SISTERS
    - 5 languages: English, German, Spanish, French and Italian
    - legendary soundtrack, inspired by Chris Huelsbeck
    - Online community tools

Please send your questions and requests to [email protected], we are happy to hear from you
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Arcade, Family
    Release:Jul 08, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (1)

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    How's the game? I think I heard good things about it, but is it worth it if I can afford 3-4 more games and so far I've only bought GTA3 out of the new releases?

4. Glow

Glow Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    If, like me, you like platformers, I am sure you will like it.

5. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Jeffyg3: I left it out because at the time I posted this, it hadn't gone down or shown any signs of it, and couldn't wait forever. :p

LOLavi: Tons of levels, classic platform game, very fun. Yeah, you'll like it if you like the genre. :)

6. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    I don't say to download Giana Sister cause I know you all already own this game, right? :cool:

7. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    @foxmulderino, I don't! :p but I'll get it right now! If I can make enough space....

8. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Hmm... Gonna pass, because I want Sonic CD :p If I get a refund from IB2, then I will buy this.

9. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    You didn't like IB2?

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Full of bugs for me and since I don't have enough space on my iPod to update it's unplayable.

11. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    A lot of people have claimed that this was the best platformer on the iOS. Time to see. Thanks for the sale.

12. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    I have only played the lite version, but it seems a bit basic to me. It's basically the Super Mario Bros (1) of IOS.

Now it might get better as you go, but I have too much of a platformer backlog to pick this up right now.

13. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    If you're looking for a classic platformer, as opposed to one of the many speedrunners or endless runners being released at the moment, it certainly shouldn't be overlooked.

14. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Ahhh. I see.

Yeah, I agree. It's sooo refreshing to play a good ol' classic paced platformer after so many speedrun platformers out there. Not saying that I don't like speedruns, because I LOVE them, but y'know what I mean.

15. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Oh ok then :). Pretty good full fledged classic platform game though, definitely a must get for 99 cents

16. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Is the iPad version better than the iPhone and worth the extra buck? I usually prefer platformers on the iPhone because of the controls, but this does say that it has customizable controls on iPad.

17. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Isn't it the same price? I just bought it for 99 cents on my iPad. :p

18. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    You're right, I was mistaken, thanks! And I see there's a lite version too, so I'll check it out for myself.

19. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Can anyone comment on the controls for the Mac version, Is it mouse or buttons and is it compatible with an xbox controller?

20. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Just checked appshopper. First time ever this game's gone to .99 cents since release! Just wow!