Riddim Ribbon- Bad Song pricing?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by motitas, Feb 8, 2010.

?

Do you think TTR gives you enough Song choice, and it's fairly priced?

1. Yes, it gives you enough music and gameplay for 3 bucks.

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. No, I was wishing for a TTR style song-getting mechanism

28 vote(s)
    58.3%
  3. I'm not interested in Riddim Ribbon, so I don't care

16 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. motitas

motitas Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    You don't wanna know
    #1 motitas, Feb 8, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
    Well, I would like to see if you guys agree. I just got riddim ribbon and I have to admit it's a disappointment. I payed 3$ for it and got some music that really, really isn't my cup of tea, and it doesn't have all those free tracks like TTR. I was really expecting free tracks and maybe a cheaper price.

So my question is:

Do you think TTR gives you enough Song choice, and it's fairly priced?

2. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Think for yourself. Does 'a dollar a song' sound reasonable to you?

3. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

It might still be a few months or years before people learn that Beatrider is the only musical rhythm game in the store worth the money, excluding the free or $0.99 ones.

4. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Dude stop being cheap

You are getting a song that is overlayed with multiple remixes, a pretty fun game and brilliant graphics for less than it costs on iTunes.

If you don't like BEP leave the game along and stop your whining. No one forced you to buy the game

5. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Actually, some guy held a gun at his forehead and threatened him to buy the game, otherwise, he was going to shoot him and his family.

6. sokaroka

sokaroka Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    No I didn't.

7. DeanKeith

DeanKeith Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    It's $3, and you get a $1 song from iTunes and a $1 credit towards any 2-song download pack in TTR3, so the game is really only $1.

I am not a BEP fan, and I would have preferred the included tracks span multiple artists, so I purchased "Escape Me" from Tiesto, and I really like that song a lot and that sealed the deal for me... I can now say I like this game.

To directly answer your question, I don’t think it’s a fair comparison with the pricing of TTR. Each track requires a lot more work by musicians and artists to produce compared to TTR where the audio is untouched, and the themes are way simpler. This post explains how much work goes into a RR track: http://getsatisfaction.com/tapulous/topics/riddim_ribbon_tracks_a_peek_inside

So given that, I think it is very much fairly priced, and 3 free plus 3 paid songs at launch is fair. But if that concerns you, just wait until there are 20+ songs before you purchase. Just keep in mind that the iTunes and TTR freebies are limited time.

8. motitas

Dec 20, 2009
    You don't wanna know
    #8 motitas, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
    more than the price of the songs, it's the lack of free songs and variety. Also I understand it takes lots of effort (now ;) ) but I'm sure they can make a "builder" for RR songs. Anyways, I'm sure tons of indie artists would remix their songs for some sort of free advertisement.

yeah, I know. Due to the fact that I live in a country with no itunes giftcards, and I have no credit card I'm a very, very stingy buyer. Anyways the problem for me is more of what you get when you buy the game, not how much additional songs cost

9. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    itune $1 and $1 in my wallet somewhat worth different to me.. i could easily give $1 to my friends when they need to buy drink or whatever, but when i spend $1 on itune feels like i got rip off lol...

10. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    God forbid the day people start thinking like you.

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Topic title should be: "Riddim Ribbon - Bad Songs", with the options of 'yes', 'yes' and 'probably definitely yes'.

12. motitas

Dec 20, 2009
    You don't wanna know
    hmm too bad OPs cant change thread names. I kinda didn't think what I was trying to express before I posted (sorry guys)

13. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    I tell ya....another overpriced release from tapulous.....they have steadily got worse after ttr2. They used to b the biggest thing on the app store but now, they r just plain....crap

14. DeanKeith

Dec 27, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Hmm, normally I would not try to correct someone’s opinion because, hey it’s your opinion. But in this case, I feel a bit compelled to defend Tapulous a bit:

TTR3 was only $0.99 at launch, and that was due to an Apple requirement that free apps with in-app purchasing were not allowed. Apple dropped this requirement, and TTR3 went free.

TTR3 has over 200 free songs now. So you could play for weeks and never spend a dime. How could that possibly be construed as overpriced?

I can definitely see a valid argument for RR being overpriced, but I predict it will come down. I mean it’s $3 and they are throwing in two giveaways worth $1 each, so at some point this app will probably be $0.99.

One thing Tapulous learned from TTR3, is when it went to free in December, so many people jumped on it that their servers were having trouble keeping up. So they probably made RR a bit pricier at first just to keep it from being overwhelmed. If $3 is too high, rather than whine, just wait.

Sorry if I sound defensive. I am not affiliated with Tapulous at all, but of all the 11 pages of apps/games I have on my iPhone, TTR3 is the only one I play daily. So I guess you could call me a fanboy. :p

15. motitas

Dec 20, 2009
    You don't wanna know
    well I did buy it. did you? (just curious) and I agree with saying TTR is REALLY good fpr being free, evenn if I did pay 99c for it. My real prob with RR is the lack of songs now that I think of it.

I just bought escape me and that made the game actually good for me. I also got satisfaction free by completing the offer on live.

16. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    When we send the email to get Satisfaction free, do we write in the subject our iTunes review username or our Riddim Ribbon username?

17. DeanKeith

Dec 27, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Yes I got it, and also purchased “Escape Me” and also like you that song was so much more enjoyable than the BEP stuff it made the game for me. I need to go do the feedback thing to get that while the offer is open.

For me RR will never replace TTR since it’s not based on playing rhythms (which is what I love) but for what it is, I think it is good and worth $3, and especially worth $1 if you factor in the freebies.

I understand it’s not for everyone, but to call Tapulous “crap” was just a bit over the top for me, which is why I had to say something. hehe

18. No Hero

No Hero Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Each track requires a lot of work. Creating the remix sections, the changes, and timing everything are all difficult work.