Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 07-08-2013, 06:40 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan1209 View Post
Yeah, it would be nice to allow us to upgrade our OUYAs, but, it still is only $99.

Yeah, I searched for OUYA threads and didn't find a collective one for OUYA discussion, so I made one myself.
It might only be $99, but would be cheaper in the long run for people who are wanting to upgrade there Ouya's every year, to take advantage of better performance of newer games.

I suppose this wouldn't bother the people who are strictly using there ouya for emulation purposes only.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:46 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post
It might only be $99, but would be cheaper in the long run for people who are wanting to upgrade there Ouya's every year, to take advantage of better performance of newer games.

I suppose this wouldn't bother the people who are strictly using there ouya for emulation purposes only.
Think of it like iPhones, you don't have to update every generation, it isn't as though your machine is totally obsolete after the first year, maybe after 2-3 generations, yeah, you should consider buying another OUYA.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:04 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

The emulators are cool. I'd play my N64 games on an OUYA and stay legal-ish (only download roms of carts I own). But then that's not really all that exciting since I have an N64 to play my N64 games on. I know that if you're into the piracy bit it's a lot more exciting, but I'm not any more. Unfortunately I'm wondering if the emulators are going to turn the OUYA into an emulator console. There will be no room for original games - who's going to pay for anything if they can play shitloads of games for free? So you might be left with just lazy ports of Android games.

Of course I would love to see things turn out differently. In any case I'm waiting it out to see what happens.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:34 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
The emulators are cool. I'd play my N64 games on an OUYA and stay legal-ish (only download roms of carts I own). But then that's not really all that exciting since I have an N64 to play my N64 games on. I know that if you're into the piracy bit it's a lot more exciting, but I'm not any more. Unfortunately I'm wondering if the emulators are going to turn the OUYA into an emulator console. There will be no room for original games - who's going to pay for anything if they can play shitloads of games for free? So you might be left with just lazy ports of Android games.

Of course I would love to see things turn out differently. In any case I'm waiting it out to see what happens.
I also have been mostly using it as an emulation-box. But yes, I would like to see something that is OUYA's "killer app" or something to prove my purchase, because honestly I could just play emulators on my PC.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan1209 View Post
Think of it like iPhones, you don't have to update every generation, it isn't as though your machine is totally obsolete after the first year, maybe after 2-3 generations, yeah, you should consider buying another OUYA.
Well believe it or not, the first Ouya's hardware is already outdated. The next one is already maybe in the works. Plus the Ouya should be seen as a console not a smartphone. I can just buy a 3rd party game-pad, and I have a fully functional handheld portable console with more power than the current Ouya.

I personally just think its great at what it does. But I don't like the approach of releasing a new one very single YEAR. Like I said before, upgrading internals would be perfect.. Just like PC parts.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:44 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post
I personally just think its great at what it does. But I don't like the approach of releasing a new one very single YEAR. Like I said before, upgrading internals would be perfect.. Just like PC parts.
This! Agreed!
Old 07-14-2013, 06:37 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

Picked up one of these and I really like it. I haven't purchased anything yet but I have played a number of quality games.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:53 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Picked up one of these and I really like it. I haven't purchased anything yet but I have played a number of quality games.
Does your controller seem unresponsive? Not digging that! Maybe the dual shock will fix that or the next generation of Ouya controller will. Does anyone have a list of the best games and a list of the upcoming best games? I'd like to see what to look forward to.