Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-17-2013, 11:15 PM

Default Combat Tanks - Instant Split Screen Multiplayer Mayhem

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

It's tank vs. tank and the battle lines are drawn!

Combat Tanks is a split screen two player tank combat game optimised for retina display iPads, but compatible with standard iPad displays. Instant ready to go simultaneous multiplayer mayhem wherever you are, all on a single device.

Take control of your tank and enter the fray in the epic battle between red and blue. Battle it out in ten different maps on two different terrains, each with their own unique difficulties, traps, and hazards. Equip your tank with powerful or tactical power ups, such as the homing missile, bouncing bomb, and shield, in order to out gun, out manoeuvre, or out play your opponent. Avoid the deadly homing missiles, plant mines to build a trap, cover your escape, or catch the enemy unawares, and use bouncing bombs to flush out a hiding opponent.

Features:
  • - Split screen two player combat
  • - Central mini-map
  • - Ten different levels with various levels of openness, difficulties, traps, and hazards
  • - Two different terrains
  • - Five different power ups
  • - Five different combat themed musical scores
  • - Customisable level time: 1 to 10 minutes and infinite
  • - Customisable level goal score: 1 to 10 kills
  • - Old school retro themed controls

Combat Tanks is my first commercially released game, and one I hope you will enjoy - and if there's anything you feel could be improved, send in your suggestion on the Support page. I set about creating the game to be something different to what I've seen in any other touch screen tablet game I've played, read about, or browsed through. It uses a split screen method where the two players sit on opposite sides of the iPad, both holding the iPad similar to an old school handheld device, thumbs on the buttons and fingers under the iPad. Each person's view is centred on their tank, with certain information (such as health, power up information, and the location of mines they have placed) viewable only on their their side. To be most effective, you need to utilise skill, tactics, and careful power up management.

Name: Combat Tanks
App Store: Direct Link

Last edited by AI Studios; 12-06-2013 at 02:07 AM.. Reason: Oops, I've accidentally rated my own app while trying to edit it. Contacted staff to rectify this.