Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-13-2014, 03:36 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Default v1.1 is up, v1.2 submitted to Apple

Hey all - just wanted to let you know v1.1 is up and we've submitted v1.2 to Apple. v1.1 was primarily to fix the siege towers.

v1.2 is the first release that is in response to the feedback we've gotten so far on the game. Here's the release notes:
* Fix for touches not being intercepted by the HUD (touch is passed through to underlying units)
* Easier to touch/select units
* Nerfed the Roman and Gaul archers: both require more XP to level up and have had health reduced
* Buffed the Roman Legionnaire: better defense against archers, more HP
* Buffed the Gaul Swordsman: more HP, faster cool down on special attack (double strike)

It takes Apple about a 7-10 days to turn around a release after we submit it. We're going to continue to make incremental enhancements as frequently as we can. Thanks!
-darkludus
Old 02-18-2014, 12:43 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Default Berserkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikmalmn View Post
Also.....
Berserkers...

Those bastard are really F***ing OP....how?
Yeah those guys are nasty when they get fully upgraded. They get a 360 AoE attack and are very dangerous in melee range. AI doesn't have too many of them and they are very susceptible to archers and centurions. We'll look at nerfing their special a little...maybe a longer cool down.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:32 AM

Yes...it is true that they have a 360 AOE

But seriously....one single person of that unit is really strong (his the commander)
Like...8 recruit spearman,3 recruit centurions and 2 elite gladiators died because of that one single person

Nerf pls...too stronk

I suggest removing the special ability on the commander ONLY
Or giving it a SERIOUS nerf of its damage (AOE damage)

Last edited by ikmalmn; 02-18-2014 at 05:35 AM..
Old 02-18-2014, 12:23 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Default v1.2 released - also price drop

v1.2 was released by Apple yesterday. As I mentioned, this update has a lot of changes that are in response to player feedback.

ikmalmn - I see, it's the Barbarian (the gaul commander) that you're saying is OP. He also gets an AoE attack - we'll look at it. I assumed you were referring to the berserkers because they seemed OP throughout development and we were always trying to tone them down.

We're currently prototyping some deeper control scheme changes that we want to include in v1.3. I'll keep you all posted on when we have them ready to submit to Apple.

Also - we're having a sale on the game right now. If you're still on the fence about the game, now is a great time to get it for 40% off!
Old 02-19-2014, 09:31 AM

Just hit the 'buy' button in the App Store, only to discover it needs the radioactively luminous IOS 7.

Rats.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkludus View Post
v1.2 was released by Apple yesterday. As I mentioned, this update has a lot of changes that are in response to player feedback.

ikmalmn - I see, it's the Barbarian (the gaul commander) that you're saying is OP. He also gets an AoE attack - we'll look at it. I assumed you were referring to the berserkers because they seemed OP throughout development and we were always trying to tone them.
I have they greatest weakness though...like you stated archers.It slows them down and makes them run away,but only if the archers are not firing fire missiles because their speed is quite slow for those fast moving berserkers.
Like I said (again in a rage-ly manner) berserks can destroy anything...even If their surrounded.But as long as don't have their AoE special ability,only one of your units (sometimes all of the units) real get serious damage.

Also...have something to prevent units camping at "tents" as any damage receive from any source (except melee) wil make them Instanly magically rest at their tent.
I presume that it is some kind of balance thingy feature.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:37 PM

I really want to buy this. Nay problem is the graphics. The units look like little yellow blocks in the gameplay vid. How about some icon that looks like a warrior or archer or something? Just my thoughts.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:52 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgainsbrugh View Post
I really want to buy this. Nay problem is the graphics. The units look like little yellow blocks in the gameplay vid. How about some icon that looks like a warrior or archer or something? Just my thoughts.
You can zoom in and see your units