Mobile Game Ideas? Please help me brainstorm!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Sharkbait, May 16, 2014.

1. Sharkbait

Sharkbait Member

May 16, 2014
    School
    Florida, USA
    Hello, I decided to create a mobile game. I need some ideas so i would appreciate your help. Please DO NOT post your ideas in the comments section of this thread! Message me them instead so they do not get stolen.

Thank you!

2. ChaosInteractive

ChaosInteractive Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Game developper
    France
    To create a great mobile game you need to know what business model you will use.

Then, choose a genre of game that you like and that peoples like. Try to find others already done(all have been done before).

1/ think how to do better (graphic, gameplay, ...)
    2/ think how to do different (feature, functionnality, ...)
    3/ mix both

Then you will have a futur hit.

It is very diffucult to do. I already create 2 mobile games and developing a third. Then for the fourth I will use this way to do.

3. POLYGAMe

POLYGAMe Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Game Developer (iOS, Mega Drive, C64)
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I know, how about a game where you are a small bird... you have to tap the screen to make him flap up, so he can avoid the pipes that enter the screen from the right.

The game would have graphics similar to the early Mario games. It'd be a hit!

4. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    you mean msg them to you instead so you can steal them?

5. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    Technically they're asking you to give them away.

6. Pixelosis

Pixelosis Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2013
    It will fail.

7. POLYGAMe

Jul 3, 2010
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Why? It's such a unique idea, never been done before!

8. Xaron

Xaron Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Well I have tons of ideas but ideas doesn't lead to a great game necessarily.

9. POLYGAMe

Jul 3, 2010
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Haha same. I have SOOOOO many unfinished projects...

10. Xaron

Xaron Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Indeed! Oh all these countless hours I'd need! :D

Anyway, back to topic: Don't even think that anyone would steal ideas. Ideas itself are pretty worthless. The hardest part is to make any idea into an fun(!) game.

Maybe you could just tell us first, what kind of games you like? It doesn't make much sense that you create a game without passion.

11. RaindropGames

RaindropGames Active Member

THIS.

Many people have ideas that sound good. The ONLY thing that matters is how you execute on an idea. (By "only thing" I am referring to the quality of the final product, whether or not it sells is a different matter but quality usually helps there too).

While my game was in development, I told anyone as much detail as they wanted to know. Partially this was because I was hoping to inspire more people to join. With no budget we're always trying to recruit more people who like our ideas rather than money. :)

Nobody tried to steal what we built nor have I seen any games that come close to the parts that mattered to me.

12. Pixelosis

Jan 28, 2013
    Don't agree. It depends on how detailed your idea is. See, if an undetailed idea is worthless, why ask for any? In theory you'd have more chances of success by coming up with your own and count on your execution.
    Besides, even if the idea isn't detailed, it might give inspiration to someone else who has the capacity to pull something off from it, and that is not acceptable. We're all competitors, there's no way I'd give you an entire idea if there were a chance you could turn it into some decent or even great product.
    So our guy here has to ask for ideas, when actually hoping for a sufficiently detailed one, and that only warrants even more silence, because there's no way I'm going to share that kind of data.
    In other words, he's delusional and anyone who helps him in a way or another is a huge fool.

13. RaindropGames

RaindropGames Active Member

This will vary depending on the scope of the game but, in my experience, ideas and the end result are always VERY different. Even if they are scoped out in detail. So I don't see the need for concern.

14. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Lao-tzu

You ask for, or brainstorm ideas, to get the ball rolling in the right direction. If you're on your own and have writer's - er, designer's - block, there is no shame in asking for ideas.

15. Pixelosis

Jan 28, 2013
    I hope you don't mind I don't really care about getting your ball rolling. Or eventually I'd rather it rolled in the wrong direction. :D

16. W1lson101

W1lson101 New Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Flappy Bird

Sorry Pixelosis I think you failed after it became one of the most popular games in the iOS and Android stores and earnt millions... Haha so funny looking at these posts!

17. C3FFF0E

C3FFF0E Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Moderator in Vainglory Forum
    Philippines
    Helping

Minding To Help You? Can You make A game Similar to "The Survival" i mean... If there is no game like that, so then make one. This game is just like a minecraft BUT it is not pixilated or someting... In the other hand this game game is about surviving in the forest with a typical enemies just like cannibals. Building stuff you know. Like that.

Can you make a ported game like that on mobile devices? Thank You So Much. I Really Love Surviving Games

18. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    make BASEketball. I would love to see that become a game but I don't want to get in trouble making it.

19. Razoric

Razoric Well-Known Member

I disagree with this. You make a game first then decide what model will best fit what you created. Focus 100% on making a quality, fun title that works on a mobile platform.

20. batgirl717111

batgirl717111 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    app developer & artist
    brooklyn, ny