A new way to make money with iPhone apps

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by hookedinmotion, Oct 21, 2009.

1. #1 hookedinmotion, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
    There is a new system out to make some cash with iPhone apps and we're looking for a select number of developers to kick off version 1.1 of our SDK. Basically, it's an offer-based system that blocks content until an offer has been completed. Once the completion occurs, the developer gets the payout and the user gets the content within the app automatically. This is not a virtual currency or download system, but something entirely new that can be used with pretty much ANY iPhone app.

And yes, this offer system is already live in some apps on the App Store, so it has gotten through the review process with no denials.

Initial selected developers get the SDK files to implement the system, very high cuts, high CPM's, and a first foot in the door for input on how to make the system better. Works with Paid and Free apps, and is an alternative or in addition to making an app paid, using in-app purchases, or relying on ads.

Signup is here: http://www.bigdoor.com/publishers/sign-up-now/

Thanks.

2. I've had some questions from people and I wanted to clarify them here...

In-app purchasing = Users have to shell out money, at a minimum $0.99, to get the content they want.

Our offer-based system = No money required from the user. Fill out a few surveys and the users gets access to the blocked content.

The offer system has a higher payout than AdMob, MobClix, AdWhirl, Google Adsense, Greystripe, or any other "make money off of free apps" system out there.

Let me know if you have more questions.