It is racism and hurting millions Anime fans when westerners Cosplay Anime

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Kajune, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Kajune

Kajune New Member

Jun 6, 2013
    #1 Kajune, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
    First of all Anime characters are scientifically proven to be made by Asians based on Asians, based on Asians own facial & body form

The point the video are showing is the fact that millions of Anime fans prefer Asians rather than westerners on imitating the Anime characters Anime fans love and respect is the concrete evidence that Asians make Anime characters based on Asians, millions of Anime fans prefer Asians because they see Asians resemble the Anime characters they love while they don't see westerners look like Anime characters. Based on this fact, when westerners cosplaying Anime characters then it is the same as westerners imitating Asians which is a form of racism because imitating other race are racim such as the "black face" racism. As for why it is hurting millions of Anime fans is because westerners always fail on looking like the Anime characters they imitating so they always end up ruining Anime characters that millions peoples in the world which are Anime fans love. All of that is because westerners are not Asians and are very different from Asians including very different in facial & body form or appearance.

Anyway, the method used on the video is using google image search engine which is a good image search engine who show its search results just the way they are without making its own opinion, as for its search results is based on how many x the image have been reposted and not based on how many x the keyword have been used. So the method is scientific and not an opinion based method that could be biased.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Sounds fair. Nothing hurts westerners more than anime. If you really want to stop them cosplaying anime, maybe... stop designing characters that look westernised?

I kid. This is ridiculous. It's like calling a Japanese guy racist because he wears a Superman costume. Stupid.

3. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    #3 tygamr, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
    Lol. Lol. Lolololol.

Lol.

LOL.

lol.

Okay, I'm done. Seriously, this is ridiculous. That's not racism at all- if anything, the notion you came up with is. People are just people.

Also, not all characters in anime are Japanese (anime is mostly Japanese, and it is quite common for Korean and Chinese, etc. characters to be distinguishable from the Japanese characters- kind of like Canadians vs. Americans in South Park). Foreigners do appear in some anime (which I already touched on), and there are also some anime which take place in fictional worlds where the 'races' (race isn't a real thing) of Earth don't exist. So yeah.

:rolleyes:

4. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    ^^ Agreed of coarse. Can't say that sexist and racist stereotypes aren't rampant in anime either.
    This is just a seriously bogus thread topic

5. Kajune

Kajune New Member

Jun 6, 2013
    Imitating other race are racism such as the "black face" racism. So the real racist are the westerners who imitate Asians through cosplaying Anime/Asian characters, not me or anyone who prevent westerners from committing racism against Asians and from ruining Anime which hurt millions of Anime fans by telling them their action are racism and ruining Anime when they Cosplay Anime.

In other words you are the type to be fooled by a movie story setting, if the story setting outside of earth then you will believe and call the cast as not human despite the fact they look as human. Did you know Japanese believes Anime characters are Japanese?

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Did I really read the OP correctly?

7. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    This guy is NOT Japanese:

[​IMG]

At a stretch, his clothes suggest he's visited the Middle East, but not the Far East.

8. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Is the German police detective in Pluto somehow Japanese?

9. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    So you obiviously never heard of Suspension of disbelief.
    And not all japanese beleive all anime charecters are japanese.

10. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    No. I didn't say they aren't human. They are. But, the 'races' of Earth don't exist in those stories. There are no Asians, or Europeans, or Africans, etc.

11. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Yeah. Like in Star Wars.
    Is obi wan british? No.
    Mace windu American? No.
    They are residants of a world(s) that aren't our own. In Star Wars there is no japan.
    No america. Its a diffrent place.

12. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I think what we've got here... is someone who doesn't understand fiction.

No, we're not being "fooled" into thinking the setting of a cartoon is real, we're intentionally immersing ourselves into it and pretending that it's real in order to heighten the enjoyment. That's how almost all TV programmes, movies, books and even a lot of music, works.

13. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    People will make an issue out of anything around here. I wonder what's next.

It's kinda racist to reserve cosplay for asians only. The activity is just make-believe fantasy fun.

14. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Ok this is so stupid it's hurting my brain just for existing.

:confused: Scientifically proven? You state "pictures are reposted far much more higher than the racist western Cosplay pictures" as your proof. Along with " the racist westerners say Anime/Asian characters based on them by saying our Anime/Asian characters have big boobs while saying our Asian girls have small boobs"
    How is that scientific proof?

:confused: Where is that fact? That a population loves one of its most popular local cultural outputs doesn't mean 'millions' prefer asians then westerners. Certainly doesn't make it a fact.

:confused: Nope. "black face" was not members of the white population role playing a black fictional character. It was mimicking a section of the population and usually involved portraying a bunch of negative stereotypes. Westerners cosplaying anime characters are doing just that. Role playing fictional characters. If its racist or sexist its because of the original material.

:confused:
    That's like saying this dude is racist and he's hurting millions of comic fans
    [​IMG]

:confused:Yeah again mate that's not scientific. It's based on popularity. Anime and the subsequent cosplay is more popular in Japan so it will get more hits.
    :confused::confused: Since when?

Dude the amount of western influence on Anime and manga is massive and vice versa. Cowboy Bebop, Ninja Scroll, GOTS, Naruto etc are all heavily influenced by Western storytelling and character portrayal. The flip side can be seen in the Avatar series.
    What you have is the two most pervasive cultures in the world overlapping. Why you would consider that a bad thing is beyond me. You have a broad range of people from different cultures embracing these characters and references and sharing the enjoyment together. To point to one section of the population and say they aren't allowed to participate just sounds a little racist

15. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    The irony is that how good your cosplaying is has hardly anything to do with race. There are people in the US who look so much like their intended character it's baffling.

The original post in this thread and the video that came with it is far more racist than anything it's trying to implicate. Being proud of your country isn't about distancing yourself from the rest of the world and claiming superiority.

16. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    @Lost:
    Thats a really cool cosplay of Terry.
    Real cool.
    @Midian:
    Chaulk this one up as ethnocentrism then?

17. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Oath. It's badass

18. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    No not the cosplayer. I meant the charecter Terry Mcginus.

19. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    This must be a troll thread, must be. Cant take anything the op said serious, if thats really his/her opinion its fine but im having trouble believing someone could really think thats the way things are.

In fact, I choose to believe this is a troll thread, and a rather successful one at that.

20. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Yeah I know who you meant. I lurrve Beyond