Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-13-2014, 07:34 AM
Kraudi2k Kraudi2k is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 166
Default Dungeon Outland - Endless Survival Platformer

Hello Toucharcade.

I wanted to give a short introduce to my current project for iOS.

I call the game a "Endless Survival Platformer" because of some survival elements I am planning to add.
The "level" is endless and depends on how long you will survive. Each new game will be randomly generated so no two games are on the same level design.

Here is a little preview so you guys can at least see some of the game stuff.




Right now you can mine, build some blocks for advancing deeper into the level, attacking with the axe, campfires for warm your player up (It's cold there in the dungeon ) and an randomly generated endless level. You can craft stone blocks and axes right now. Also there is some potions in the game and an exp system to level yourself up a little bit (When you reach a new level you get +1 ATK at the moment). Additionally you can upgrade yourself for coins at randomly spawned houses.


That's all for the moment. Tell me what you may like to see in the game.


Thank you and regards,
Kraudi2k
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-13-2014, 07:44 AM
Bronxsta Bronxsta is offline
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraudi2k View Post
Hello Toucharcade.

I wanted to give a short introduce to my current project for iOS.

I call the game a "Endless Survival Platformer" because of some survival elements I am planning to add.
The "level" is endless and depends on how long you will survive. Each new game will be randomly generated so no two games are on the same level design.

Here is a little preview so you guys can at least see some of the game stuff.




Right now you can mine, build some blocks for advancing deeper into the level, attacking with the axe, campfires for warm your player up (It's cold there in the dungeon ) and an randomly generated endless level. You can craft stone blocks and axes right now. Also there is some potions in the game and an exp system to level yourself up a little bit (When you reach a new level you get +1 ATK at the moment). Additionally you can upgrade yourself for coins at randomly spawned houses.


That's all for the moment. Tell me what you may like to see in the game.


Thank you and regards,
Kraudi2k
I like the look and sound of this. Especially the campfire part. Will be keeping an eye on this
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-13-2014, 10:43 AM
jgainsbrugh jgainsbrugh is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 98
Default

How about some monsters to fight? Some power ups. Boss monsters. Levels. Quests. A princess to save. Hehe. Keep up the good work.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-13-2014, 10:49 AM
JCho133 JCho133 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7,154
Default

I'm liking the look of this, hopefully it has more depth than Devious Dungeons
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-13-2014, 01:27 PM
Kraudi2k Kraudi2k is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
I'm liking the look of this, hopefully it has more depth than Devious Dungeons
Thanks! Not put much hope that this game is about the same as Devious Dungeons. It will NOT be level based and it is more like a "endless runner with permadeath" along with a random level generation every time you start fresh.
Main goal is to survive as long as you can. With monsters getting stronger etc..

I just don't want that you may have too much hope that this will be a same kind of game


Quote:
Originally Posted by jgainsbrugh View Post
How about some monsters to fight? Some power ups. Boss monsters. Levels. Quests. A princess to save. Hehe. Keep up the good work.

Yep. Monsters will definitely be in but are not yet in the game. Powerups are already in the game (e.g +25% Jump strength for a period or double attack power).

Regards
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent