Universal Blackmoor (by Mooff Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by HansKaosu, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I'm a new player to Blackmoor and I really enjoy it, but I have one main problem. Wen I play multiplayer I sometimes fall out of the map, or get stuck in it, forcing me to wait until the battle is over. Does anyone else have this problem?

2. kwokx@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Its a bug in the multiplayer, its the main one I know of that ruins the experience, we are on the case and should get an update out soon. For now the best way to avoid it when it happens is to immediately rejoin the map before all players get stuck out of area.

Ive seen it happen on the sea stage, prison and castle but let me know if theres another map that does it. Thanks!

3. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I've run into an annoying/game breaking issue since the last update that might be unique to me and was wondering if the devs could give me advice on what to do.

Before the update I was using Toby, I had been fighting Raven. After the update I show up on the map but I can't move anywhere, my little Toby is stuck in place. I can use the other characters fine, but I had lovingly crafted my Toby into a killing machine and this bug makes him unusable. Any thoughts?

Thanks

4. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    This looks like we made a mistake in the update and someone else reported the same problem so will need to push out another quick fix in about a week

5. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #105 Intendro, May 25, 2014
    Last edited: May 25, 2014
    I just cleared the stage that's to the left of the giant owl. I then tried to enter the giant owl stage, but I can't. No button to enter appears, no stage description. Looks like a glitch. :(

...There's an exclamation mark on it, like the other stage I can enter... Or is that locked gate actually locked? :eek:

Attached Files:

6. Anonomation

What happened to multiplayer?

7. Anonomation

Oh wait, I just checked the update. Never mind...

8. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    To unlock the owl you need to save all four princesses (ok one of em is a prince)

So u gotta beat four maps: lighthouse, forest, prison and underwater ruins. The u should see the gate blow up

9. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Thanks. I thought that might've been it, but like I said, the exclamation mark made it look like it was supposed to be available, so I asked.

10. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #110 Darth Ronfar, May 28, 2014
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
    Having trouble connecting to the coins store? Figured since I'm basically throwing money at you you'd make sure that was working?

Any ideas on what pet to get? I was thinking either the fairy or the dragon?

I'd kinda like to know what they do before shelling out all that money on one I dont like etc..

Hmm.. Ok nvm actually, the Envoy of Death is like unbeatable in Boss vs Boss! I just made tons of money and got 6 different pets and a bunch of cool equitment.

I have to say the Scrath is defininetly the best while Puffer is probly the worst(They actually both do the same thing but Scratch does it way better) He shoots out constant lines of blue flames that do good amount of damge while juggling bad guys in the air.

The next best is probly either Blossom or BlackBeak. Blossom heals you and also forms rainbows and squirrels that can damge enemies.(unfortunatley the healing isn't that much so you would have to wait around awhile to get healed up. BlackBeak the small owl shoots out those homing missle thing at pretty good rate(Mixed together with a ranged attack you can keep enemies at a distance to try to rack up some safe damge)

Next is the Barkers pup which constantly bites enemies(it ok but only does small amounts of Damage and only in front of you)

Last is the pig Oinker that I just got, I'm not quite sure what he does( It looks like he can take out regular enimies pretty well, not sure about bosses?)

As for the ones I don't have there's toxicus(looks like he probly poisons enemies which if he does would be pretty good actually)

The Chicken,hamburger, monkey and boulderite are the other 4 and I have no idea what they do.

11. TigerPrezX

TigerPrezX Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #111 TigerPrezX, May 28, 2014
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
    The best pet could be Scratch, Blackbeak, Monkey, or Blossom, depending on the situation and your character.

Scratch is the most straightforward; good damage, always effective. If you have a special that launches enemies high up, it can juggle for a long time. Blackbeak is useful for how the missiles interrupt enemy actions and set up a combo. If you have a combo-friendly character like Clementine or Raven, or a ranged character like Scarlett, it's probably the most useful overall. There's a reason those are the hardest pets to get.

Monkey drops little pebbles, like a smaller version of Bearwolf's avalanche. It's great for interrupting actions, holding enemies still, and crowd control thanks to its huge attack range. Monkey's biggest weakness is that it always hangs out WAY to your right, so it's useless if you're on the right side of the screen. Still my favorite partner for Toby though, since you'll be watching your position all the time anyway.

Blossom is like a weaker but more versatile version of Scratch. Hitting the entire ground is useful, especially in levels with fast/weak enemies like the Mt. Blackmoor natives. Also, sometimes enemies get repeatedly juggled by bunnies, leading to ridiculous combos. However, the real trick to Blossom is that the bunnies don't cause any knockback, so she'll keep firing at bosses without ever pushing them out of range, even after you die. Struggling with Le Ratte or Jon Jacob? Just let them kill you, and Blossom will finish the job.

Toxicus is a good partner for Normal mode, since it does good damage, and 1 poison damage is actually kind of useful against low-HP bosses. I'll buy him if I can't find Puffer or Monkey, but he's not going to be useful for very long.

Boulderite is actually pretty cool for dealing with enemies that run at you. It does high damage per hit, and will take out any weak enemy that gets near you. It's also good for pinning bosses against walls, since it's constantly attacking, and it can help keep annoying bosses like Eagle away from you. It's not a bad choice for before you get Blossom/Blackbeak.

E. Oinka seems useless to me. Just a slow, single-hit attack that doesn't combo easily? Just barely better than the chicken, not worth buying IMO. I haven't used the Burger yet, but if it's the same as Maximus, it probably just heals you. Not very useful most of the time, but I guess it's nice if you want to recharge between Shishima/Eagle or Sabrewuuf/Don Portobello.

12. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    Ok the 1.4 update is out and co op is more stable but still crashes in lobby when a room gets removed from list, u r safer inside a game than hanging out at the lobby. For the bug where u can't move and are stuck to raven, we couldn't reproduce it but I tried to fix it anyway, if u are stuck it should pop you back at the tavern now. There's a bug where you can't buy IAP but luckily u don't really need it to beat the game, so at least the game is 100% free to play whether we like it or not. We will get out another bunch of bug fixes soon! Thanks for bearing with us!

13. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    woops! trust us to overlook the bug that actually earns us money, turns out that wasnt working since the second version, in v1.5 its been fixed finally and should be out next week along with some crash fixes in the lobby. I should note down little game balancing tweaks next, envoy projectiles lasting too long, jon jacobs whip shoulda been duckable, and hes missing his intro.

Another topic slightly related to this game is the new Smash Boys game we are developing, it will be the fighting part from Blackmoor with tons of characters and a huge campaign like candy crush, each stage is basically a street fight with small maps and the setting is modern.

14. rredmond

rredmond New Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Social Worker
    South Jersey
    #114 rredmond, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
    I may have missed it, but I read through this thread. How the heck do I get past the black ghosts and their acid pits? Argh.
    Having great fun with this game though!!

15. Anonomation

Does this have cloud save support?

16. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
  17. rredmond

rredmond New Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Social Worker
    South Jersey
    I'm not sure we'll see one. :)
    I haven't played this game in a long while, I'll have to find it again.
    Be well!
    --Ron--

18. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Putting it free for a limited time? Bad idea?

19. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Thanks for hearing my suggestion!

Temporary free right now! :D

20. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    You guys make some of the BEST games on iOS, period!! I love everyone of them.