★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
03-01-2013, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
What it seems like to me, these guys submitted a pre-pre-alpha build to reserve the name in the App Store, and the date they set for release just appeared. This is not the complete game by any means.
Yeah, they needed to submit something to reserve the app name.
03-01-2013, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A11Rabbit View Post
Yeah, they needed to submit something to reserve the app name.
I don't see how that would apply if the game's published by FDG. Wouldn't that technically mean that FDG can't publish the game since it's already under Cornfox & Brothers?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
03-01-2013, 04:58 AM
From Cornfox & Brothers Ltd (Fox-One-1) over in Oceanhorn's upcoming thread:

An early prototype of Oceanhorn was automatically released on App Store last night. It was night time in Finland, that's why it was live for hours before we heard about it ourselves and pulled the plug. We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience.

Those of you who purchased Oceanhorn, get your refund through App Store channels.

- In receipt email, or from iTunes Purchase History, click "Report a Problem" link

- Select "This application does not function as expected" for explanation

- To comments write: "Developer has issued that this is an unfinished build of Oceanhorn and it was accidentally released. oceanhorn.blogspot.com"

Again, we are deeply sorry for this pre-mature release. We hope this does not change your enthusiasm towards Oceanhorn.

So what happened? If you want to reserve a name for your game on App Store, you will need to upload a playable build to iTunes Connect. The build that was now automatically released, is 1.5 years old. It does not compare to the final product in any way.
03-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Just a note - if you select 'This application does not function as expected' Apple will automatically give you a message saying that they are not responsible for the way that apps run or don't run.

You can also NOT report a problem twice on one app - so you will NOT get a refund if you select that.

I've been burnt at least 4 times because of this - each time forgetting the last time. =o/

Anyway... might want to try selecting another option when trying to get a refund.

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Bring Me Sandwiches, Phoenix HD, .Decluster Zero, Goblin Sword
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid (please say you're from TA)
03-01-2013, 05:39 PM
When this comes out... Happy days.
03-02-2013, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Just a note - if you select 'This application does not function as expected' Apple will automatically give you a message saying that they are not responsible for the way that apps run or don't run.

You can also NOT report a problem twice on one app - so you will NOT get a refund if you select that.

I've been burnt at least 4 times because of this - each time forgetting the last time. =o/

Anyway... might want to try selecting another option when trying to get a refund.
This same thing happen to me last tine and i just use apple express lane and they give me a refund without a problem
03-02-2013, 07:47 AM
I'd buy it now, and when it is officially released lol.

Gamecenter: F34RTEHR34PER