Universal N.Y.Zombies 2 (By Foursaken Media)[Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hen14, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I think the devs did the best they could at balancing this game. With the amount of depth in gameplay, I think if we moved any quicker the game would be to easy. After the first nyz, everybody complained they wanted free roam and for the type of game nyz was, I think they did a great job implementing it. Yes the game can get hard, but its wgat makes the game great. My best recommendation I can give if your having trouble is play as many side missions as you could, especially the cash and gold missions. You'll need some gold combined with cash to buy the level 5 upgrades. Also buying and upgrading Molotov cocktails and grenades really helped me beat the game on hard.

2. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I first run to the right when the level starts and grab the food there first. Also when you finally make it to the barge, I slwAys had all my cocktails. I would keep one burning behind me at all times to cut the zombies off from behind me and focus on zombies in front. I had shotgun, mini gun, rifle, Molotov. I think the shot gun is my favorite weapon. It's the one that stays with me all the time

3. MikeDG00

MikeDG00 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2012
    a prinny
    with penguins
    Haha thanks bro, nailed it XD
    What i used was molotov, shotgun, railgun, and dem golden handguns
    I dont really use my minigun, controlling it is hard

4. _syd

_syd Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Italy
    Even after reading all the negative impressions, I'm going to buy this as I said a week ago. But I need an answer to this from the dev: are you going to turn this game into a freemium soon? ( I know I sound rude, but I'm a student and I don't have much money to spend for videogames, I only buy an Itunes card every 4-5 months and I hate with all my soul games that turn into freemium junks 2 weeks after release, screwing early adopters, so I fear this game can do the same way as Dead trigger did).

5. Eraser74

Eraser74 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Hamburg
    OK, I think I am about to quit this game.

This is so stupidly hard and for all the wrong reasons. The walking feels just bad, you get stuck in all the places where you think you could just walk through and the zombies are having a feast.

In some missions, Scavenger I am looking at you, you search all of the freaking map for the last piece of supplies only to find nothing. It would have been helpfull to get a ping on the radar after a while, but no. So you are left with crawling through the map, getting stuck on trees or garbage cans and so on. It´s just frustrating.

The game gets to hard WAY to fast, so that you almost have to use IAP, why they are there in the first place?? I dont freaking know, but it bugs me.

I think NY Zombies 1 is way more enjoyable than the second one.

I am sorry, I was really looking forward to the sequel, but so far it has not lived up to my expectations.

6. Ne0ndrag0n

Ne0ndrag0n Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    This is a bit of lag that im hoping can get cleared up in the next update

7. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    you DO know what happens to many mexican drug-lords don't you?

8. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Full auto weapon control will be quite a bit better in the 1st update :)

This will still be the default control option, don't worry.

The price will not change for at least a few months. Sales are a part of the App Store, so I cannot say that it will never go down in price, all I can say is that it won't be any time soon.

At least keep it on your device until the first update! A lot of things will be improving a TON... including making "Normal" a bit easier. We personally like the idea of a challenge, so we won't be touching Hard or Nightmare... unless its to make them harder :p (which I don't think they need though, personally).

9. _syd

_syd Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Italy
    What I wanted to hear :) I don't mind about sales, I just wanted to ge sure this won't change FOREVER to freemium :)

10. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    #370 Darth Nihilus, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    I think you meant to reply to the other guy? cause this game for me is a walk in the park.

1. I don't get stuck anywhere.
    2. I have no problem finding anything, Actually, I'm close to get 100 gold to buy the dual pistols
    3. The game is really beyond easy, If you think it's hard, then your own skill is the problem, don't blame the game, this game has minor flaws yes, but they don't affect the gameplay.

Dear lord if you think this is hard I can't imagine you playing frogger or supper mario 3, you'd rage quit the fudge out those.

11. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    The same thing that happens to any other drug lord eventually, relax it was just a joke cause in many movies you can see drug lords feeling bad ass with their golden guns, and I'm Mexican, that's why I said it.

Plus I really hate drug lords, I don't sympathize with them in the least, my country is crawling with them.

12. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Oh no please, don't dumb this game down, let'em struggle, you might as well add direction arrows and auto-aim, pffff

Well you can't please everybody XD

Yes it would be nice to ramp up the difficulty a little, at least on hard.

13. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    sorry no proper FPS controls = No buy for me!!

14. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Agreed, the last thing this game needs is it to be easier. Doesn't need to be dumbed down for some kid.

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    For me, the only flaw still is just the move speed which is so unrealistically slow. I dont think i'd walk to a camp spot when there are zombies everywhere.

Other than that, I love the atmosphere this game projects, and I like the GUI and the character development part of the game.

16. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Walking speed has been increased for next update, but just by a bit. I know people think you should be running all the time, but imo that's more unrealistic than a fast walk, unless you're an Olympic track star or something.

There is definitely a fine line for walking speed... too fast and it really changing the dynamic of the game (leading the player to think the game is more about maneuvering and running away than actually fighting). We absolutely do not want NYZ2 to be a game about backpedaling endlessly away from enemies like in a lot of FPSes.

And I don't know, I just played a bunch of FPSes to compare move speed, and I don't find NYZ2 very noticeably slower than most others. It is a bit slower, yes, but not like "stuck in mud" slow... imo at least :p

17. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Controls are fine.

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah, i wasnt looking for a run n gun tpye of movespeed, but just fast enough to make it look like you can feel the panic in the movement when there are zombies around.

19. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    Who are you to decide what's "proper"?

20. njstone9

njstone9 New Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Found a bug

I've found a genuine bug.

Side mission "help from above" on the Brooklyn Bridge.

Not a single zombie appeared. The time ran down and I got my reward without having to do anything!