TouchArcade's Street Fighter 4 Volt: Battle Royal Tournament!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by D4Gamers, Mar 26, 2012.

1. D4Gamers

D4Gamers Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    #1 D4Gamers, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
    Note: Please do Keep in mind that I will be updating this post from time to time. I will post an updated version of it when I do so. So look out for them.

[​IMG]
    APRIL 1-21

[​IMG]
    Hello and welcome to TouchArcade's Street Fighter 4 Volt: Battle Royal Tournament! This is TA's second tournament for SF4Volt and I'd like to make it the best tourney we've had. So please, continue to read on if you want to participate in the fun. :)

The Breakdown
    This Tournament will be just one bracket for all the players of the Toucharacde community such as TenOnez, Slrc1, PsxSquall, Cyrus and others of the like. This Bracket will be a 2 round/best of 5, Double Elimination Setup, I will explain more about this later. So lets test your skills against the best of the best and have the opportunity to show everybody what your made of, take your place among the top dogs of the Volt community. A lot more matches are to be had and a lot of fun as well.

Rules

1.) Each person may only use the same character twice! Which means in our best 3 out of 5 setup, you can only use Cammy twice and Balrog Once. Which means in order to win this tournament you must have at least 2 characters that you know like the palm of your hand at your disposal!

Example:
    D4(Cammy) Beats Apprunner(Cammy) Score=1-0
    D4(Cammy) Beats Apprunner(Cammy) Score=2-0
    D4(Fei Long) Beat Apprunner(Deejay) Score=3-0
    (D4Gamerz Wins Set and proceeds to next opponent)

-Notice how in this example I used a total of 2 characters and I never used the same character more than twice

Example 2:
    D4(Cammy) loses to Apprunner(Cammy) Score=0-1
    D4(Cammy) loses to Apprunner(Cammy) Score=0-2
    D4(Fei Long) Beat Apprunner(Deejay) Score=1-2
    D4(Fei Long) Beats Apprunner(Deejay) Score=2-2
    D4(Balrog) Beat Apprunner(Viper) Score=2-3
    (Apprunner Wins Set and proceeds to next opponent)
    -Notice how in this example both D4 and Apprunner used a total of 3 characters and both never used the same character more than twice

2.) You are not allowed to Switch Brackets

3.) You Must complete your match against your opponent in 96 hours(4 days) or you automatically Forfeit. So to save time if you know you will not be able to participate please notify me of when or if you cannot participate in your match.

4.) Laggy Games, If the match is too laggy or unplayable, you have 15 seconds(in game time) to quit the match, you cannot have already lost a round or have lost more than 2/3 of your life. You may then try to reconnect with your opponent at an attempt to get a better connection and restart the set or whichever game you left off at.(If you have better suggestions for this rule please share, I will consider changing them)

5.) Disconnects: If you happen to Disconnect it is up to your opponent to decide whether to take the Win(Which is 1 game not the set) or Continue to play from where you left off.

6.) Ragequit= Disqualified(Im Sure you guys will be able to tell what is a Disconnect and a Ragequit)

7.) Don't get salty have fun. :)

8.) You Must be a TouchArcade.com forum member in order to participate. So if you haven't joined our wonderful community already, do it now! it only takes 2 minutes, click here to Register!

PRIZES

-To be Determined(There may be none at all)

Replays​

Regarding replays, while there is no rule that says it is absolutely mandatory to save the replays and upload them, it would make for great entertainment and viewing pleasure. Our good friend CaptYadierPR has volunteered to capture all our replays for the tournament and upload them to Youtube as a playlist for easier viewing. With the sheer amount of participants and the many matches that are to be had, this task is a lot of work, and you would be doing him a great favor by saving and uploading your tournament matches with a simple description such as "SF4V-BR Game 1". Again this isn't mandatory but it would help Capt out a lot. As well as give the people outside and inside of TouchArcade something to watch :D

Questions?​

1.) What is double elimination?
    - Double elimination simply means you can only lose to games before you are eliminated.

2.) What is single Elimination?
    - Single elimination simply means you may only lose 1 game before you are eliminated.

3.) What is does best oo 5 mean?
    -Whoever wins 3 out of games first, wins!

--Feel Free to ask your questions and I will answer them as soon as possible.

The Participants!
    POLICE VIETNAM
    Heif-37
    DoctaMario
    Ken|Ken
    HarlequinRogue
    Burnt Identity
    TacoTurtle:)
    Mooken
    Squal2002
    mimimapu'
    mr_rockdi
    n3ro209
    Xion
    inknzvl
    0-Felix-0
    PsxSquall
    Shoobedush
    TenOnez
    Koochie Monsta!!!!
    YoungDr3amer
    DROQQA
    «AjaySaini»
    NYC-Chinatown
    Drogbathelegend
    FINIX
    Cyrus
    Hieu~
    Fastbridge
    Juls
    D4Gamerz
    Apprunner
    Gvrl-01
    Jack-0546
    Wediafom
    IvwShane
    YYOJJO
    Nashberry
    SLRC
    Nullroar
    Darkshadow
    Jibba
    CaptYadierPR
    Berserk
    Expect:
    ---

---Stay Tuned for More Details and Updates!​

2. D4Gamers

Feb 2, 2012
    #2 D4Gamers, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
    The Brackets​

So lets all make sure were on the same page here before we get this tournament started. Here, I'll be giving brief explanation of how the brackets work. So please read through the whole post thoroughly and Carefully to prevent any confusion or mishaps in the future. :)

How it Works

1.) As we all should know by now, the format for this tournament is a 2 Round, Best 3/5, Double Elimination, and you Can only use the Same Character twice per set.

2.) Everybody starts out in Winner's Bracket, Continuing to win in Winner's bracket will make things a lot easier for in the long run but if you lose while in Winners Bracket you get set down to Loser's Bracket.

3.)After each loser's bracket game the winner moves on to the next match but if you lose while in the Loser's bracket you are out of the tournament.

4.) In Grand Finals, the two participants will be the winner from Winner's Bracket and The Winner of Loser's Bracket.

Since this is a 2 round/Double elimination setup Grand Finals may get a little confusing for some of you not familiar with the way tournaments are setup, so let me explain this as best as I can. -

In Grand Finals if the winner of that game(2 Rounds) is from the winner's bracket that person win's the tournament. If the the person from winner's bracket loses that game, they would technically be sent to "Grand Finals Losers Bracket" and the person from Losers bracket will now technically be in "Grand Finals Losers" from here they will now play another game against each other, whoever wins that game(2 Rounds) would be crowned the champion.

If you are having trouble understanding or have questions, please do not be afraid to ask, be better to sort this all out now instead of last minute.

Too give you An Idea of what the brackets will look like And an Example of what I've just explained above:
    http://challonge.com/taexample

3. D4Gamers

Feb 2, 2012
    #3 D4Gamers, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
    TO FIND YOUR MATCHES YOU CAN FIND THE FULL BRACKET HERE(click)​

Winners Bracket

Loser's Bracket

Loser's Bracket is now open, get out there and play!!

4. FINIX00

FINIX00 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Mars
    lol we're quite shy ones I guess

5. D4Gamers

Feb 2, 2012
    lol that we are, I've also added you to the list, thanks for joining :)

6. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    72 hours seems like a better timeframe per match. Imagine if someone is busy all weekend and they still want to participate...

7. fffan7777

fffan7777 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    How many rounds on each game?

8. fffan7777

fffan7777 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    I used to TRY to get 2 matches a week, but most of the time, it wasn't happening.

9. Apprunner

Apprunner Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    2 matches a week, 72 hour notice. we can wing it on timing :D

10. CaptYadierPR

CaptYadierPR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    CaptYadierPR

Ok so i joined TouchArade add me to the tourney

11. D4Gamers

Feb 2, 2012
    You got it. Thanks for joining!

12. Apprunner

Sep 21, 2011
    Captn...you finally joined. how did you ever find out about this tourney?

13. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    "I'm in! I've joined!"

Anyone get it?

14. D4Gamers

Feb 2, 2012
    Allright 72 Hours is reasonable enough. Changed.

Capt, I added you to the tourney, thanks for joining :D

15. epikninja

epikninja Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    This will be fun :)

16. D4Gamers

Feb 2, 2012
    I didn't say nothin...

17. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Ah, the infamous CaptYadierPR...

18. Apprunner

Sep 21, 2011
    I saw the public forum...nice. We may get a bump in subscribers :D

19. CaptYadierPR

CaptYadierPR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    #19 CaptYadierPR, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
    LoL just what you guys have been talking about me in this forum LOL anyways
    Yes i finally joined and i found out thanks to D4
    Looking forward to fighting you guys in the tourney

Last 2 weeks was training with 4 diferent characters besides my main
    I guess ill test my new skills at the tourney :)

20. Apprunner

Sep 21, 2011
    We might finally have a chance to fight. By now, you know that KaChigga = Apprunner :D Its good you finally joined.