Universal 100 Rogues (By Fusion Reactions)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, May 4, 2010.

1. keithburgun

keithburgun Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
    Actually those HUGE rooms are supposed to be rare, and only appear in the Dungeon. There's a small issue with the prefab-room bits that will be addressed asap. For now, consider it a super challenge if you come across one of those rooms - quite like Shiren's MONSTER HOUSE! if anyone's familiar. If you DO clear those rooms out, that'll be a hell of a lot of experience. Just don't attempt it unless you're feelin' lucky.

Keep the comments coming. Can't wait for you guys to see Hell, and the new Dungeon Boss!

Edit: Hey - can the admins please update the thread title?

2. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Ya but once they are dead they don't respawn like they used to. You could keep killing Ginger bread men and eating drumsticks to stay on a floor and grind.

3. WesPaugh

WesPaugh Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    The Software Developer, 100 Rogues
    Rochester, NY
    Yeah, no more of that. Conversely, Skeleton Bots don't reappear or appear in droves anymore, either.

4. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Wow! My boss just found an Accurate Axe of Energy!

I added support for mulit-branded equipment (equipment with more than one magical attribute like vampiric, ensnaring or Magic) in 1.06, which feels like it was 3 months ago.

I had *never* seen a weapon actually drop with more than one brand before, outside of testing.

5. Tommi654

Tommi654 Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Brilliant update!

6. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    I just was killed by the new boss :p
    I was lacking a bit on strategy because at first, I thought you have to kill all four mages, which turned out to be impossible (IMO).
    Still not sure about strategy on this one... You can stand on one of the four edges and use a bow to attack the boss. That does only 4-6 damage though per turn and I don't know how many HP the boss has. Or you can stand between two mages, trying to take them down both at the same time before attacking the boss...

BTW, really liked the boss battle :)

7. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    In my experience it's 100% in the skills you've taken. But I'll wait a few weeks before I reveal my strategies.

8. Tommi654

Tommi654 Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    I actually killed him with the help of an angry skeleton archer! :)
    The friendly fire is one of my favorites in 100 rogues

9. polarsolstice

polarsolstice Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Dear developer,

i recently reached the genie stage and beat him, but after beating him, my rogue just froze in place and when i close and reopen the app and chose continue it crashed when it says "touch the screen to continue" (right when finished loading). Please fix this ASAP.

Thanks in advance

10. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    #2010 WesPaugh, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
    Was this with 2.0? You'd know by the title screen.

EDIT: A bunch of boss fixes went into that update, and it released only hours ago. Updating should (hopefully) solve your problems.

11. JGeldhof

JGeldhof Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Comic Artist / Illustrator
    Kent, Ohio
    Had a problem with my first game.
    I was playing while waiting for some food, and right when I got to the Genie, my food showed up so I had to quit out. When I started the game back up, everything went well, killed the Genie, then I was surrounded by invisible enemies and couldn't move. My attacks did no damage but they were hitting me with acid every once & awhile. Beetles? I ended up quitting out. Game was awesome up to that point. I'll report more when I get a chance to play tonight.

12. Coldcoffee

Coldcoffee Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Student
    Monkey Island
    #2012 Coldcoffee, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
    Awesome update!

Congratulations on this Fantastic update! Just finished a game with Fairy~ 81k score :D on top of the leader board at the time of posting! ( there are scores from previous version on top of me) Ohk enough of the bragging, about the update:

1.Love the music for hell and Dungeon 3. Is there a link to download the new soundtracks?!

2.The difficulty scales really well. Feels very balanced and fun to play.

3. Caltrops might make me play fairy more often than the crusader! One thing though, it would be nice if the caltrops damaged the monsters who are already standing on them when they appear, not only after they move over them. But it allows for more strategic use nevertheless.

4. The 2nd boss, the dungeon, Pope something, is so cool o.o i didn't know how to kill him!! I just panicked and used a holy fire scroll and it was dead o_O Might want to look into it. (He seems very difficult unless you figure out how to kill him, too many skeletons D: )

5. The game seems very stable to me. Didn't crash even once through out my run. Although the movement for the fairy seems very jittery, especially after you have stayed too long on a level. She doesn't move as smoothly when your moving long distances quickly. The animation is just not as smooth as one would like.

6. The new monsters on hell have really good animation. Also, i don't know if its a glitch or not, but i died because my sp went negative o_O and i couldn't move or attack. Was it the Succubus? I am not sure.
    [​IMG]

7. One last thing. Have noticed this in all versions. When ever you exit a map, the fairy seems to move over the exit rather than into the exit. nothing too bad, but small details that could be polished to make this the best rogue like out there!

Excellent work :D looking forward to some great updates in the future too! keep up the good work!

Edit: Forgot to mention, the map layouts are great, especially in hell.

13. keithburgun

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
    ColdCoffee: here's the link to the entire soundtrack: http://dinofarmgames.bandcamp.com/

Glad you like Hell, I wrote the hell songs. Dungeon is all Blake.

Also glad that the difficulty is scaling properly for you! Although I think it's possible the game is too easy right now, as a lot of people seem to be beating the game and getting to hell on day 1. That's what I get for listening to everyone say "make it easier, make it easier" =P. Will tweak that a bit for 2.1

Point 6 seems to be a strange bug. We'll look into it.

Point 7 is already fixed on our version and will be fixed in 2.1.

Glad you like the map layouts. Skellyman Cometh!

14. MarkHerm

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    I think I don't agree with you with that. A lot of the players that will update to 2.0 right away are those that played the game numerous times already... game mechanics haven't changed too much, so who besides them should be able to got to hell straight away? :D

I think, difficulty is relatively fine so far... don't tweak it too much!

15. Coldcoffee

Coldcoffee Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Student
    Monkey Island
    Well its good people are making it to Hell isn't it?~ Atleast everyone can enjoy what they are paying for. The point is to make as many points as you can on these levels. So i don't think there should be such a pressing need to increase the difficulty :p And whats more important is that its more fun to encounter all the new monsters. I think its good. But if you have a goal "only 40% should be able to reach Hell" then do gladly increase the difficulty!

P.S. Ohh making it to Hell on crusader seems harder to me ;) So no need to increase the difficulty :p

16. Melhisedek

Melhisedek Active Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Just updated and wanted to ask if we did have some kind of minimap before or does my memory fail me like usual? :)
    Great stuff nevertheless

17. MarkHerm

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    +1...

BTW, I think that way less than 40% reach hell at the moment.

18. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    That rat to your right drains your current energy. It's never supposed to go negative, but that would explain why you couldn't attack if you happened to have had a wand equipped; Gypsy fireballs have an energy cost to give the attack a cooldown, and the wand uses the same code but with zero energy. Movement... well, I'm not sure about that. Can't imagine why I'd have given movement an energy cost...

I'll be looking into this and the Genie save / load fixes (I just can't believe how many people are closing the game during this five-minute game segment!).

As I mentioned before, an minor update has been prepped and ready to go to Apple for a few days, I'll make sure to get these few issues taken care of. in it.

And then... well, something big, is what's then :]

19. keithburgun

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
    Don't worry, I'm only increasing the difficulty slightly, and in hell.

"But if you have a goal "only 40% should be able to reach Hell" then do gladly increase the difficulty!"

That is actually probably a reasonable goal for a game like ours - one that isn't about completion... If like 75% get to reach the Dungeon and 40% reach hell I think we're doing pretty good.

20. nafkert

nafkert Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    I love the update. Very stable, no bugs spotted.

A couple of questions...

(1) Is the gold supposed to be very, very infrequent in the Bandit Hole? I ran into 2 shops, but never found a single piece of gold. This has happened on a few games.

(2) What is the difference between a staff and a scroll of Holy Fires? They both seem to be consumed in one turn, so why have them both?

I also found my first locker! But I didn't have anything worth putting in there.

Keep up the good work.