Universal [Soft Launch Thread] James Bond: World of Espionage (Glu Games, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TheMerc, Jul 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    #1 TheMerc, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I still cant see the app info, but my guess is this is going to be another glu reskin :D

3. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

They've been on a roll lately but somehow people are still playing them. There's even the people that realize it! In reality this could all be Contract Killer 3 DLC.

4. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Remember the days when the only developers who used to get called out for making freemium crap and reskins were Glu and Trinity?

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
  6. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    After seeing touchy's video, I can't tell you guys how disappointed I am in how this "game" turned out... just wow...

Full disclosure: like maybe 90% of the world's population, I am a huge James Bond fan. Not only does everyone and everything in that world have that quality of 'magic' to them, but the character is remarkable in that he revolutionized so many art forms: from changing every conception about the spy genre with the Fleming books, becoming a movie icon with Sean Connery and completely turning the video game industry on its head with GoldenEye, it's no understatement to say that there's little that wasn't made better after Bond made an appearance.

So, when Glu announced over a year ago that they were making a Bond game for mobile, I was carefully optimistic. Sure, we're all familiar with the stuff that Glu puts out, but given how they made a big deal about having access to the 007 IP, I was hopeful they could do right by old 007. They sent out press releases announcing this deal, insider info suggested that a lot of focus was being directed towards making this a great game; plus Bond is such a versatile character that they could make any game they wanted (FPS, 3PS, strategy, stealth, sniping, racer, what-have-you). As long as they gave us that "feel like 007" moment, I could even deal with Glu following their standard cover-shooter formula. Like I said, I was carefully optimistic. That's why it stings that much worse that the final product is so below my worst expectations...

This is the worst example of F2P. From the shallow 'gameplay' (to be honest, I skipped through most of touchy's video and don't think I actually saw any actual gameplay there) to the absolutely horrendous menus (that look like a glorified pop-up ad), there seems to be barely enough here to consider it a 'game', let alone a James Bond game.

Like I said, I haven't played this, I've only seen touchy's video. And I've always been one to say not to judge a game until you play it, this is just a soft-launch, it might get better... So take this rant for what it's worth, but I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts this won't change a thing when it releases globally. Glu put just enough effort into this to make it marketeable, which is to say name recognition alone will probably make it a success, but it's certainly a disservice to Bond and his fans.

This is disgusting... At this point, I can only thank touchy for taking one for the team, because I'd hate to even download this and give Glu the satisfaction./Rant

7. #9 binlabu, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
    This is a bad Game from Glu ... I played and feel sad , i don't like this game a bit ... big name but not big game . :(

8. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Even though it's not another contract killer reskin, it's a reskin of another existing game type and it seems that they were focused on the the other games. I tried the terminator one recently (Because terminators obviously!) and it constantly crashes, plus was pretty much robocop.

9. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Nice! Another game to add to my list!

*of Glu games I will never play

10. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Another Day, another awful Glu Game.

Guess they won't even send a representive here ever because they will only see nasty comments. Seems like they just hope their games turns into a money spinning machine regardless of the quality.

Seriously, I can't see any passion in making most of their games. Just for making money solely.

Come on.....

11. mgeoff88

mgeoff88 Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    I am a huge James Bond fan, and was excited for this even though Glu Games is developing it...

After watching some gameplay videos though... it looks to be a game with very little substance. This is supposed to be the official James Bond game on the app store. The thing is, Glu Games is terrible at making games. They reuse and recycle their games pretty much.

It's a shame Gameloft or Kabam didn't take a crack at the 007 franchise, because we would've gotten a great game.

12. taiga97

taiga97 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    I never judge a book by its cover, but I'm gonna judge this book by its cover. I don't like rude words, but this game is shit and it won't ever be anything but.