Universal Zombie Tsunami - (by Mobigame)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 31, 2012.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#1 Sanuku, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012

Zombie Tsunami

Mobigame
    The zombies are revolting ! Attack the city with a horde of zombies, change pedestrians into zombies and create the larg…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    The zombies are revolting ! Attack the city with a horde of zombies, change pedestrians into zombies and create the largest horde. Eat your friends, and challenge them to a crazy race by destroying everything in your path. Zombie Tsunami has proudly exceeded 400 million players around the world. FEATURES - "One touch" gameplay to control the entire hord - 10 delirious bonuses, ninjas, dragons, UFOs, and many more - Many upgrades to unlock - Raise zombie birds and use their powers - More than 300 missions to devour - 11 sets to travel in - Optimized for all models of iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. REVIEWS 4.5/5 TouchArcade - "Zombie Tsunami is a game you really need to own" 5/5 AppSmile - "Featuring Pixar-like graphics, simple controls, and plenty of content" 5/5 TouchGen.net - "If you’re looking for a fantastic game, look no further!" 4.5/5 148Apps - "It’s fun madness, emphasis on fun." 5/5 AppSpy.com - "Zombie Tsunami carves its own path with a great claymation style and roaming hordes of the walking, and jumping dead" Why not try our other games: EDGE, Cross Fingers, Perfect Cell, Truckers Delight. Follow us on twitter.com/Mobigame Visit us at http://www.mobigame.net
    Information
    Seller:Mobigame
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:May 31, 2012
    Updated:Jan 20, 2024
    Version:4.5.133
    Size:193.4 MB
    User Rating: (26)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. AppleFan12

AppleFan12 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
    Yep I got it, thanks Sanuku! I only played for a minute but seems fun. I created a NZ account and got Taito's Zombie Carnival which I'm really enjoying actually. I like it a bit better than Mobigames Carnaval but two very different game styles but both worth checking out.

3. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #3 TheFrost, May 31, 2012
    Mobigame, the creators of EDGE... this tempt me the most but now video to be found (only a very old one)

EDIT: Its Mobigame, and I owe them 1 game, so I'm buying

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #4 metalcasket, May 31, 2012
    Let's not kid ourselves...this should have been released free. I have a feeling this will probably end up following Jetpack Joyride and Temple Run as paid apps that went free, but more importantly...

I don't care. This is bar none, the most fun endless runner I've played for as long as I can remember. Why? There's so much variation as far as power-ups and backgrounds go. It manages to successfully merge the gameplay found in Canabalt, Jetpack Joyride and Grim Joggers into one flawless package. The graphics are so clay-like, you can just smell them. The missions we've come to expect are here. The backgrounds are so varied and so fun to look at. Manage to fill up a whole...thing...full of brains? You'll get a scratch 'n' win card that reminds you how fun touch screens can be. This is so, so, so much fun.

The downside? Well, of course...the reason it should've been free: IAPs. So far, the game's been pretty damn generous, but like every other game out there now, you've always got that other option. That being said, all the above sort of makes me not care, because it's just so frickin' fun.

So, maybe you should wait till this (perhaps) goes free? Ehhh...I dunno. It's definitely worth a buck.

Exact-Psience, you come to mind immediately. Buy this now dude!

EDIT: Oh yeah, completely forgot...the one problem I have with the gameplay is that you seemingly have to take a leap of faith at the end of every platform when there's a gap between them. The platforms never show up until you're mid-flight. It's by no means game-breaking as the game's somewhat forgiving when you have a lot of zombies, and you always seem to land on a platform either way, but yeah...it would be much, much better if the platforms showed up earlier or something. Kind of reminds me of the first Robot Unicorn Attack release.

5. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    No offense, but could you please stop with your stupid naming schemes ??
    This is a gameplay video/impression not a damn trailer.
    Thanks

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Wow, way to be appreciative dude. Not gonna deny that I've wondered why Sanuku calls them "trailers", but yeah...considering what he does for us around here, he should be able to call his videos "I Can Haz Zombeeburgurs lol" if he wants to and we should shut up about it.

Seriously, couldn't you have just reworded that into something less...whatever?

8. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    +10000000000000000000

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yo Sanuku, just curious why you rated this 3/5. :p

10. Trysis3

Jul 14, 2009
    K, I think I over reacted.
    We can't deny his good work, but I think he improve his naming scheme just a little!?

/thread

11. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#11 Sanuku, May 31, 2012
    The Reason why I did rate the Game with 3/5 Stars:

• It`s Universal.
    • It does contain Game Center/Achievements.
    • I had some fun while playing it.

The Reason why I didn`t rate it with 5/5 Stars:

• It does have absolutely no Story Plot while even the dumbest Runner Game I have played on the iTunes Store in the last five Years did had some crazy, bizarre Story Plot and even a nice Intro and a Story Plot that the hole Gameplay was following through the entire Game. Please don`t tell me I`m to harsh. This is f*cking Mobigame and they could actually create at least a nice Story Plot similar to Jetpack Joyride but instead we get absolutely nothing.
    • Still bugged on at least five different Levels of Gameplay and I`m so sick of those Bugs after I have played through the Mess that Gameloft did deliver last Month with N.O.V.A. 3 when Bugs are so obvious that you have to be Blind to don`t see those.

Offtopic:

It`s fine I don`t take it personal on any Level and I`m open for any constructive criticism:

Overall you might not know that about a Year ago I did actually name the first few Videos Gameplay Impressions/Gameplay Video and the Feedback I got at that Time was...

• ...Idiot...
    • ...Fool...
    • ...Video Nazi...
    ..naming those the Way you did suggest.

I didn`t understand at that Time what the Problem could be but then someone from the biggest Gaming Network on YouTube showed me a simple Statistic:

8,870,000 results (Gameplay Trailer)
    47,100 results (Gameplay Impressions)
    11,800 results (Gameplay Impression)

I won`t deny that you are right on some Level but overall it`s currently is as it is and if I would change the current Naming I`m sure that it would lead to exactly the same Result as last Year.

Look it`s not that I do even care what I call them since I would even prefer to actually name those each Time something similar like Zombie Carnaval - Gameplay - toucharcade.com and so on but this would probably drive Eli mad, Arn to an lawsuit against me and I`m currently really not in a mood to actually even spent a Minute at court for something that does cost me more then $3000 each Year with Results that would probably fill in a hole Book of bizarre Episodes.

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    XD I totally agree...a really short intro that ties the gameplay together would be nice.

No bugs for me yet...unless I'm indeed blind and missing something. :p With N.O.V.A. 3, yeah...there were bugs left and right, but with this...any example?

13. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Exactly.

The Game does still struggle with some Memory Holes where the Gameplay totally slow down and then runs like a freaking Slow Motion Show like it would do a Performance at America's Best Dance Crew to show of some nice Moves.

I had that Feature on both of my iPad Device (iPad 2/New iPad; Both on 5.1.1;None Jailbreak;Less then 50 App on iPad 2/Less then five App on the new iPad and both fresh Restarted for the Recording Rounds)

Since I haven`t yet taken a look at the File Structure I can`t tell you want Game Engine is used so it`s hard for me to pin down if it`s an Bug or generally a Problem with the used Engine like you see it often when a Flash Game get`s ported without taking a look at the Stats to pin down the messed up Parts that do appear if you just believe that the Default Setting will give you the best Results.

14. Trysis3

Jul 14, 2009
    Oh! That explains it all, as long as we can differentiate between real trailers and gameplay videos then no problem

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    o_O Oh wow...that's bizarre. I haven't had any slowdown on iPhone 4 and I've played at least 30 times so far. Heck, it's even getting hard to catch up with my zombie mob when it gets really large. :p Odd problem, but hey...at least you posted it. Hopefully Mobigame will come across this thread and address the situation.

16. Mobigame

Mobigame Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 29, 2009
    Hi guys

Thanks for your gameplay video Sanuku. An official trailer is on the way.

We believe the slowdown comes from the video recording software that you used. If it can't handle a 60 fps game, it may force OpenGL to synchronize sometimes, and that can do what you described. Of course we have the full iPad family here, and we never saw any slowdown. Tell me more about what happened, if it comes from our code we will fix it.

17. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Have to agree with just about everything you said. This game steals from everybody yet somehow manages to end up with something all its own. Stupidly, stupidly fun. You know how I feel about the IAP.

18. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Thanks for the Feedback! Drop me a Message when you Folks are ready with the Official Trailer and I will add it as soon as possible to the first Thread.

About those Slow Downs:

As already stated both iDevice aren`t touched or changed in any Way that would harm the Apple Trademarks and Copyrights.

If something Lags or Slow Down it does happen on the iDevice itself. You are Free to sent me a Test Build which Logs the Memory behavior so we can nail down what might Cause those Glitches.

19. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#19 Sanuku, May 31, 2012
    Where should I sent the Report too?

Besides that. Another possible Bug is that those intersection light doesn`t turn on each Time I jump against them?!

Is it supposed to only light up when the Mission with the intersection light is available?! This somehow would make sense but I`m unsure about it since I am pretty sure that those Lights did turn once on when I had that Task already finished.

Also why is the Intro Folder empty!? Does the current Build didn`t got the Intro Movie because it was simple not yet finished for the Launch?

Just asking since one of my points of criticism was the Lack of an Intro/Story Plot and it kinda doesn`t make sense to use the Default Directory Structure but let the Intro Folder still in the Build if there isn`t actually yet an Intro.

20. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #20 oooooomonkey, May 31, 2012
    Well I just bought this and played enough to get my first scratch card (which is very cool)
    First I'll say this is the most fun I've had with an endless runner in quite a while. But... There's a couple of things stopping it being really great, at first Ithought It was getting hard real quick but after playing a few games I've realised it's the camera view, it's just to close to be able to see anything coming and have time to react. This becomes more of a problem the bigger your zombie pack gets.
    Something like grim joggers worked really well because it was zoomed out enough so you could see all your guys but also the enviroment.

Also I'm not sure If it's just me but the icon is pretty nasty.

The game itself though is cool, I love the amount of items and collectables to buy in the shop, I can see that being the thing that would keep me playing for ages to unlock them all.
    The powerups are really cool and the zombies all look great.

Hopefully something can be done to fix the camera view as that's the only reason I can see for me not coming back to this. :-(