Ps3 controller support coming very soon :)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by BruteOutlawz, Mar 14, 2013.

1. BruteOutlawz

BruteOutlawz Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Blutrol update about to drop, ps3 controller supported :D

Cant wait, analog support coming with this update as well.

Discuss...

:D

2. I got three bluetooth joysticks for my hdmi tv - icade core, Gameloft Duo Gamer, and iphone 4 with joypad app.

Why not one more. Is this only for jailbroken ios devices? Will any game be able to use playstation joysticks? Will it be compatible with icade?

3. BruteOutlawz

Jun 18, 2010
    #3 BruteOutlawz, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
    You have to be jailbroken, analog support is coming for icontrolpad with this update but not sure if ps3 controller will have it. I assume it will as they have it working with icontrolpad. Which means you will be able to map the buttons to any game that uses dpads ,analogs and buttons. It's going to be a game changer, mc4 with real buttons... Yes Please :D

Edit- not sure about icade?

Blutrol adds support for duo gamer as well with this update.

4. Duo gamer support? Wowzers, I gotta do some research on this one. Might actually be a good reason to jailbreak. Wish we could do all this stuff without jailbreaking though.

5. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Blutrol's the one that lets you map your own control in games isn't it? What's the PS3 controller support like?

6. BruteOutlawz

Jun 18, 2010
    UPDATE IS OUT...

Full ps3 controller support :D

7. templare25

templare25 New Member

Mar 14, 2013
    Hi, today I bought Blutrol 3.0 but I have a big problem: when I start a game (for example Asphalt 7, League of Evil 1 and 2, but I have this problem with all of my games) a have a big lag with touchscreen and, in game, with the Sixaxis controller. In fact when I press any button the input arrives to my iPad (3rd Generation, iOs 6.1.2) with a significant delay, almost 6-7 seconds, and obviously I can't play 'cause this delay doesn't let me press keys correctly. Anyone has a suggestion? Thanks for the answer :)

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Anyone else having those lag problems? That would definitely kill it for me (anyone). I've got an iPad 2, so if anyone has experience with trying it on one of those, that would be most appreciated.

9. BruteOutlawz

Jun 18, 2010
    #9 BruteOutlawz, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
    So far I've only had problems when trying to play complex games like mc4. Games like sonic, earthworm jim, metal slug, final fight, streetfighter x tekken ect run flawlessly and the analog is super responsive. Probably needs another update

10. Bathplug

Bathplug Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    #10 Bathplug, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
    How do we map controls for games like gta vice city which has separate controls for on foot and driving? Blutrol only seems to allow one screenshot & one controller configuration per game.

11. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Most of it is luck and acceptance of a half-arsed control system.

When you get in a car, the accelerator is in the same place as the run button, therefore you can use run and drive the same. However, guesswork play a part in the rest.

12. Bathplug

Oct 13, 2010
    #12 Bathplug, Mar 17, 2013
    I think the controls are fine in vice city. I did manage to get it to work but its only temporarily fix. Set up the on foot controls then go on the game. Then go back to blutrol and overwrite the foot controls screenshot with a driving controls screenshot and remap controls again. The game will remember both setups until you load the game again.

Also you don't get a full range of motion with the analog stick in real racing 3. Same with modern combat 4 if you try and use either first the two control options.

Lots of games have multiple layers of controls so I would've thought blutrol would support that properly by now. Plus no individual dpad button mapping. A bit disappointing so far.

13. BruteOutlawz

Jun 18, 2010
    Just configure the controls in game for vice city so the walk and driving controls are in the same place. And what do you mean theres no dpad mapping? dpad mapping is there as well as analog

14. BruteOutlawz

Jun 18, 2010
    You can move the controls for on foot and driving controls in game..

No guesswork needed.

15. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Genius! Never thought of that. Haha

16. i think Why not one more. Is this only for jailbroken ios devices? Will any game be able to use playstation joysticks? Will it be compatible with icade?

17. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Wait- this doesn't allow you to use the d-pad on the PS3 controller? That's a deal killer if true. Is it?

18. Bathplug

Oct 13, 2010
    #18 Bathplug, Mar 19, 2013
    It works but it's just one circle you can resize over an onscreen dpad. You can't map the four individual dpad buttons to do something else.

19. Wow, that is no good. Guess back to the icade core and Gameloft duo gamer joystick for now.