Universal Commander Pixman (by One Minute Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 28, 2011.

1. OneMinuteGames

OneMinuteGames Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Well, me too :D

I want to finish my "secret action-arcade puzzle game" first, then CP2 ;) This secret project is still in quite first stages, but it shouldn't take more than 2-3 months. Then some first screenshots for CP2 should appear ;)

2. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    "secret action-arcade puzzle game", hey? Hmmm... I like the sound of that!

3. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    I've hope that you will like it after finish ;)

More details around Christmas I think... I'll create an "upcoming" thread on TA forums, but not just yet. I still have it mainly in my head, not in code ;)

4. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    1.2.0 update was released but unfortunately it is broken. I removed Commander Pixman from the AppStore until this issue will be fixed ( Yes, it is THAT bad! ) I hope nobody updates it ( I've noticed that just minutes after update goes live... )

And one more thing: Apple review team - where were you!!!! This bug simply prevents from playing game, so I don't know how such thing could be approved ;)

If someone accidentally update the game - unfortunately this will broke your progress. After new update, you should reinstall the game :( Great apologizes for such inconvenience. But one more time - there is chance that nobody updates it...

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    when you bring the game back, will we need to re-purchase it?

Flip Riders devs ended up doing this - pulled the game because of 'bugs' then brought it back, but made it a completely different game, so the version everyone bought is no longer being supported...

Just hoping the same thing isn't going to happen here.

6. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Well, dang... That really sucks... I dont think I updated (but seeing as I can still play the game, guess i didn't :p) but yeah wow, that's a big bummer. And like syntheticvoid, hope we don't have to re-purchase it... But hope everything goes well!'

7. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    No no, this will be the same app, no repurchase at all! Never!

I'm not EA with Tetris or PopCap with Bejeweled ;)

Sorry for inconvenience, but it will affect only potential new players, no effect for those who already own it.

8. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Great! :D Thanks, and best of luck!

9. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    I've just figure out that 82 people downloaded Commander Pixman broken update yesterday... God I hope they won't post one-star reviews :/

10. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Well, if you pulled it, and it's not on the app store, how can they write a review at all? ;)

11. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Maybe they was angry right after the update when game was still on the AppStore ;)

I've investigated it further and it seems that update over older game should work ( but without extra levels ) But newly downloaded game will be useless. Anyone could confirm ?

I've requested "expedited review" from AppStore review team, so I've hope that hotfix will be available even today so I could restore game to the AppStore...

12. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I don't know if this helps, but I always find it extremely helpful if the developer puts an e-mailaddress in the appstore description, and mentions that they will provide support. I have given a few 1 star reviews lately, but that was always after a severe bug and a developer that either did not respond or did not provide any means to reach them. If you make it easy to contact you, people are less likely to be angry, I really think.

If there are 1-star reviews I would make it clear in the description that that was a severe bug that was fixed. Then, presumably, the five star reviews would counteract the negative ones. I for one will make sure to update my five star review once the update is out!

And I share your Apple review process frustration/surprise. I have wondered this before with other games. How can a game be "in review" for almost a week, and then be approved when it doesn't even start?!

13. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    lena: I hope you get my response ?

Fortunately they positevely review my request for expedite review, so i hope game will reappear on the AppStore very soon!

14. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Don't worry, I won't 1 star Commander Pixman :) I got your reply that you got my files, yes. And I know how to reach you if I have any problems. But I'm not sure if an average Appstore customer does that too. I'm always very happy if devs make it easy to contact them and are pro-active about solving problems.

Can't wait for the update, happy to hear it will be there soon!

15. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Well, there is simple contact form on my website, which is linked from Commander Pixman AppStore page*, so I think everyone could get me in case of any problems ;)

* - of course when Commander Pixman will reappear on the AppStore ;)

16. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Commander Pixman fixed update is 1.2 finally released, and game is again available on the AppStore!

What's new:
    + Fixed possible 'static' monsters on replays.
    + Improved collisions.
    + Improved Game Center logging.
    + Game timer is stopped until you move, enabled by default.
    + "SKIP" level button added! If you really try without effort and simply want to go further!
    + 10 NEW LEVELS in "First Blood" pack. Whooping 135 levels total!

Along with earlier features from 1.1.0 update:
    + Game Center support! With leaderboards and achievements.
    + Scoring system! Get to the leaderboards from the beginning! Score for stars, badges and best times!
    + 45 NEW LEVELS and 5 NEW MISSIONS
    + Including new pack of levels: "First Blood"

Enjoy! And tell me what you think :)

17. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Awesome! Glad to see it's fixed!

18. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Yes... I'm happy too.

Ideas for next update?

Mine are: jetpack particles, 3-5 really hardcore missions, some beginnings of ipad support.

What do you think guys?

19. pixlepix

pixlepix Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Would a level editor be feasible?

20. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    It could be a lot of work unfortunately... But for Pixman 2, who knows.

I could also post instructions how to create levels for those who really want to help me ;)