Upcoming games release date subtitles?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Touchmint, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Someone on reddit was asking for a upcoming games calendar and I pointed them towards the upcoming games forum but pointed out there arnt really any dates in the threads. He was right most dont have anything and even if they do you have to do a lot of searching.

I thought why not? It would be cool if there was like a subtitle on each post with est release date. This way when browsing the forum it would show under author or something release date. Better yet maybe if that info was there it could be put into a calendar by human or even some good code.

I planned on PMing this suggestion to a mod as well hopefully this will be seen here or someone can point me in the right direction?

2. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

There usually isn't a way to confirm when a game is going to release unless the developer explicitly states the current state of the game.

They might say whether or not the game is review, yet there's no telling how long it will take  to review the app, and whether or not it will be rejected.

Otherwise, a developer might say the game is set for release by the next release Wednesday or Thursday. (Unless there's a weird release date).

To sum it all up, adding dates to the upcoming games forum won't be really reliable and most likely difficult to keep in order. (For the most part)

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #3 metalcasket, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    This. With how erratic Apple's approval system is, it would be beyond hell for us mods to juggle around a million threads and constantly have developers reporting threads/sending us PMs to change dates that haven't been set it stone.

Once upon a time, the "Upcoming Releases of X" threads would have a constantly updated release schedule, but with real life getting in the way, those who worked in that thread (myself included) couldn't keep up.

Plus, back then there were hardly embargoes, idiotic Weds/Thurs release times and whatnot.

4. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Even as a developer I think it would be cool to be able to put an estimated release date for my game. I wasn't really thinking have the mods hunt people down but more an optional thing devs would do. Would give players a little more insight and devs a little more exposure.