Great Play Network

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by SteveLumo, Feb 16, 2012.

1. SteveLumo

SteveLumo Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Hello,

Anyone else where been contacted by these guys. I have had a message through Wordpress and a DM here:

"Hello Kumo Lumo,

I work at Great Play Network a brazilian company with interest in publishing and investing in mobile game studios and creating a network by that. We are a company funded by one of the top 3 Venture Capital funds from Brazil. Our activities have started 3 months ago, and by that we have signed with 27 game studios worldwide (from Latin America, Europe, America and Asia) with 4 games launched and 3 coming in the next 30 days. As a publisher we are using the free-to-play model to publish our games on Apple Store and Android Market and as a Seed Fund we are interested to invest in great studios which have potential to grow with us.

I would like to know if you have some time to talk to us and then we can hear a little bit more about the studio and introduce Great Play Network as well. Would you be able to do a Skype call anytime soon?

Best regards,

Lincoln Shiroma"

This screams scam to me. We will give you thousands for your game, just pay us a small admin fee etc. I am a little to tided up to contact them and find out the score. Just wondering if anyone else had any further contact with them.

Steve

2. Therealtrebitsch

Therealtrebitsch Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    I talked to the guy for over an hour in Skype.
    He seems to be nice.

There was no mention of paying anything. I don't know where you get that, because not even in the email you quoted is he talking about anything similar to that. So please don't lose focus here.

I told him that we are interested if he wants to invest into our games developed and published by us.

I had the feeling, they rather try to get finished games for publishing.
    Based on their portfolio on the appstore I rather don't want to be published by them, but he said, they are working on crosspromotion toolsets which I eventually would agree to integrate beside revenue share in exchange of investment.

He has sent me some documents, but they were concentrating on publishing agreements, which I don't want to do as I said.

3. SteveLumo

SteveLumo Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Sorry if my post was miss leading. Not saying they asked me for money. I guess I am just being a cynical old game developer. But if they are genuine then cool :)

I agree with you, I think their portfolio needs a lot of work before they will be taken seriously, and they haven't help themselves with the poor quality games published so far.

Hopefully they will turn things around, and taking up some of the cool games being developed by the dev's here is probably a good start.

4. Sarcastic Hedgehog

Jan 24, 2012
    Game Developer
    England
    I too have been in contact with these chaps. Does anyone have any more experience?

Thanks

5. fishbrain

fishbrain New Member

Yeah, I've been contacted by them too... I've decided to go ahead with them with one of my games and see how things pan out.

6. x70x

x70x New Member

Mar 29, 2012
    I was just contacted today as well... I think I might try them out and see if they are legitimate also. I will report back.

7. Seantron

Seantron Active Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Game Developer
    How have they worked out for you fishbrain?

8. Thomas Lund

Thomas Lund Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    IT consultant and game developer
    Sweden
    Also contacted by them - not decided anything yet, but having other more established publishers interested - makes me not go with them I think

/Thomas

9. MrLeQuack

MrLeQuack Well-Known Member

Has anyone worked with them?Can you share your experience with them? Thanks

10. polygonplay

polygonplay Well-Known Member

I was also contacted by him. Didn't answer yet..

11. iMax

iMax New Member

Apr 16, 2012
    I am working with these guys

Hi,

I'm having experience with Great Play Network.

I've already launched two games with them.
    Check it out:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dragon-raid-village-at-war/id477587913?mt=8
    and
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crazy-bitsy-spider-free-game/id503029408?mt=8

I started a partnership in November. They gave us good reccomendations which help us a lot. They are really cool and are supporting us a lot.

Now, I'm developing a new game for iOS and I will publish with GPN again, because I'm having great results with them.

Cheers,
    Max
    iMAX Games & Dead Mushroom
    www.imaxgames.com.br