SHIFT 2 Unleashed will be free.(12-2)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Leslie, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Leslie

Leslie Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2011
    Part time editor/reviewer of iOS
    NYC
    #1 Leslie, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
    Edit: Sorry, it will be free in several hours. :)

SHIFT 2 Unleashed

“9/10! Shift 2: Unleashed is bigger and better than its predecessor… easily one of the best racers on iOS." (Pocket…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    “9/10! Shift 2: Unleashed is bigger and better than its predecessor… easily one of the best racers on iOS." (PocketGamer.com)

This app offers in-app purchases. You may disable in-app purchasing using your device settings. See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4213 for more info

NOW WITH 2 NEW QUICK RACE TRIALS! Feed your need for the ultimate speed! Experience the high-velocity action and eye-popping visuals of the most awesome Need For Speed ever for iPhone & iPod touch!

NOW BEAT YOUR FRIENDS – ON ORIGIN
    Burn rubber as you shift your way to the top of the leaderboards – only on Origin. Register to unlock exclusive cups, leaderboards and free NFS cash!

3 NEW LOCATIONS
    Now whip through the trees of The Black Forest, the deserts of Abu Dhabi, and the waterfronts of Rio. Revel in the intense graphic quality of the Retina Display as you fight to the finish line.

SEATBELT REQUIRED
    You’re in the cockpit with the helmet cam. Push it to the limit with realistic racing controls that simulate the visceral velocity of being behind the wheel at 200mph. Feel every scrape, bump, and burn out!

UNLEASH NEW CONTENT
    Test your skills on more than 20 Quick Race Trials featuring 40 of the hottest cars, including the exclusive Pagani Huayra! Run the Circuit with multiple game modes and over 40 events.

CUSTOMIZED RIDES
    Check out every detail of your supercar with the vivid Retina Display. Earn credits and upgrade your acceleration, tires, and suspension. Power up with nitrous boosts, and personalize your car with spoilers, body kits, and more.

Experience racing evolved and unleash your inner driver with SHIFT 2 Unleashed!

The Critics are Blown Away:
    “An amazing assortment of cars to choose from… the graphics blew me away.”
    (148Apps.com)

“Shift 2 is a realistic racing sim with loads of options and tons of depth.”
    (SlidetoPlay.com)
    ** DON'T MISS OUR OTHER EXCITING GAMES! ** SCRABBLE, The Sims™ 3, TETRIS®, MONOPOLY, Madden NFL 11 by EA Sports™, Pogo Games FREE, Liqua Pop, ROCK BAND® Reloaded, Need for Speed™ Hot Pursuit & Surviving High School FREE

GIFT THIS APP: Click the “Buy App” arrow on the iTunes® App Store

Be the first to know! Get inside EA info on great deals, plus the latest game updates, tips & more…
    VISIT US: ea.com/iphone
    FOLLOW US: twitter.com/eamobile
    LIKE US: facebook.com/eamobile
    WATCH US: youtube.com/eamobilegames

Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
    Privacy and Cookie Policy: http://www.ea.com/privacy-policy
    Game EULA: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/GM/
    Visit https://help.ea.com/ for assistance or inquiries.

EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates.

Important Consumer Information. This app: Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data though third party ad serving and analytics technology (See Privacy & Cookie Policy for details).
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Racing
    Release:Aug 04, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

SHIFT 2 Unleashed for iPad

“9/10! Shift 2: Unleashed is bigger and better than its predecessor… easily one of the best racers on iOS." (Pocket…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    “9/10! Shift 2: Unleashed is bigger and better than its predecessor… easily one of the best racers on iOS." (PocketGamer.com)

This app offers in-app purchases. You may disable in-app purchasing using your device settings. See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4213 for more info

NOW WITH 2 NEW QUICK RACE TRIALS! Feed your need for the ultimate speed! Experience the high-velocity action and eye-popping visuals of the most awesome Need For Speed ever on iPad. You can even play on your TV monitor using the HDMI out feature!

NOW BEAT YOUR FRIENDS – ON ORIGIN
    Burn rubber as you shift your way to the top of the leaderboards – only on Origin. Register to unlock exclusive cups, leaderboards and free NFS cash!

THREE NEW LOCATIONS
    Now whip through the trees of The Black Forest, the deserts of Abu Dhabi, and the waterfronts of Rio as you fight to the finish line. Feel every scrape, bump, and burn out with vividly rendered visuals.

SEATBELT REQUIRED
    You’re in the cockpit with the helmet cam: push it to the limit with realistic racing controls that simulate the visceral velocity of being behind the wheel at 200mph.

UNLEASH NEW CONTENT
    Test your skills on more than 20 Quick Race Trials featuring 40 of the hottest cars, including the exclusive Pagani Huayra! Run the Circuit with multiple game modes and over 40 events.

CUSTOMIZED RIDES
    Earn credits and upgrade your car’s acceleration, tires, and suspension. Power up with nitrous boosts, and personalize your car with spoilers, rims, specialized paint jobs, and body kits.
    Experience racing evolved and unleash your inner driver with SHIFT 2 Unleashed!

The Critics are Blown Away:
    “An amazing assortment of cars to choose from… the graphics blew me away.”
    (148Apps.com)

“Shift 2 is a realistic racing sim with loads of options and tons of depth.”
    (SlidetoPlay.com)

GIFT THIS APP: Click the “Buy App” arrow on the iTunes® App Store.

Be the first to know! Get inside EA info on great deals, plus the latest game updates, tips & more…
    VISIT US: ea.com/iphone
    FOLLOW US: twitter.com/eamobile
    LIKE US: facebook.com/eamobile
    WATCH US: youtube.com/eamobilegames

Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
    Privacy and Cookie Policy: http://www.ea.com/privacy-policy
    Game EULA: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/GM/
    Visit https://help.ea.com/ for assistance or inquiries.

EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates.

Important Consumer Information. This app: Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data though third party ad serving and analytics technology (See Privacy & Cookie Policy for details).
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Racing
    Release:Aug 04, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #2 awp69, Dec 1, 2011
    Cool. Probably won't go on my iDevice until I play through some things to clear up space, but thanks for posting!

BTW, I wouldn't be surprised to see this go free in a couple of hours today. It's already showing up in AppZapp as free.

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    lmao - I bought this when it came out, and STILL haven't played one race... I've got WAY too many racers... =o/

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Same here. That's why I didn't get this one...but I'll take it for free!

5. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    it's probably not as good as asphalt 6, isn't it?

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Well the Shift games are technically supposed to be more sim-like than arcade. Although when I played the first Shift on the iOS, it definately isn't as sim-like compared to the console counterparts.

Still, I would guess that Asphalt 6 is more of an arcade racer compared to this.

7. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    It isn't showing as FREE (US$2.99 iPhone, US$4.99 iPad) in NZ (Dec 02).

8. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Is this even worth downloading for? I read some pretty mediocre reviews on this.

9. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Not really sure myself. But will download for a rainy day and the off chance that I have space to play it.

Doubt it's anywhere near Real Racing 2. But I generally suck at sim racers so the fact that this isn't quite as sim as RR, it appeals to me a bit more. Aside from the RR series, I really don't think there's any racing game on the iOS that's completely awesome. I actually find Sonic Racing as my favorite even though it's just a cart racer.

Worth a try for free. It's just the space that's always the issue for me.

10. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    How do you know it will be free?

11. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    black magic.

12. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    There's an app for (almost) everything ;)

13. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Care to share the name of said app? ;)

14. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #14 awp69, Dec 1, 2011
    Well, there really is a free app that seems to be ahead of the game. I almost always see price changes prior to when they actually happen (anywhere from 2-4 hours). And this showed up around the same time as the OP. That's why I said it'd probably be a couple of hours later today (as opposed to tomorrow).

Not sure where they pull their info, but don't think it's ever let me down. (And no, I don't know the devs so this isn't a shameless plug).

EDIT: For some reason, I've been told not to use the name of said app so I've removed it. Not sure why. Maybe the dev of it was banned?

15. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    AppZapp does seem alot faster then other similar apps. And the interface+functions > other apps (at least on iPad).

16. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Well, seven hours after seeing this was going free, the app-that-shall-not-be-named seems a bit off. Looks like this might not be free until tomorrow at this rate after all.

17. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    Heh.. It's another round of the waiting game. I bet that when it goes free it's also going to be "still being modified" for a couple hours to spice things up, too :)

18. Bertman

Bertman Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    So is this really going free?

19. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Free but modified.

20. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC