Slot Heroes - RTS combat meets slot machines (by Molecube)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SimR, Mar 9, 2012.

1. SimR

SimR Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    #1 SimR, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

What's up peeps!

Your humble game dev Molecube here. We're a bunch easy going fellows living up north amongst lumberjacks and dog sleighs. Stop by our website and Facebook page to learn more about previous games we released because this thread is all about our new project: Slot Heroes.

[​IMG]
    Coding on the way home​

Put simple, the game combines the strategic choices of how to gear up your troops and the thrill of a slot machine to do so.

Slot Heroes is currently in early production stage and we want you guys to give us your thoughts on what will be on posted here ( Heroes equipment, weapons, special powers, levels, specs, etc...)

Feel free to ask any questions and to give us your opinion which is very important make this game the best it can be.

[thread=133454]Vote for which TouchArcade editor you want to be featured in Slot Heroes here.[/thread]

[​IMG]

***Features***

Our squadron of beta testers is complete for now. Thanks to everyone who applied.

Click here to learn the basics of the game

[​IMG]
    Some of the heroes that will be available in the game​

[​IMG]
    Weapons: lightsaber, Excalibacon and the good ol' stick grenade.

[​IMG]
    Equip the helmet, armor and weapon of the same kit and enjoy awesome boosts.

[​IMG]
    Final icons for items statistics.
    1st row: Damage, Critical damage, Attack speed.
    2nd row: Health, Walking speed.​

Cheers!
    SimR
    The Experiment
    Molecube

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Love the concept art. Ill gladly be a beta tester when it's at that stage.

3. SimR

SimR Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Slot Heroes Video Gameplay

Do you like what you see?
    What would you add to that game?

4. lazypeon

lazypeon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Seems a bit too random right now. I LOVE the character designs, but how will you make it so the game doesn't play itself?

Two things I'd love to see (taken from King's Cashing):

- More reels -- more reels has a bigger 'oomph' and gives you more chance to 'win'.

- Equipment/items/something that increases the chance of certain items showing up the reels. For instance, assuming you have a rock/paper/scissors system, I might want to equip something that would make more mages show up, because I'm fighting enemies that are physical resistance (or something like that)

What effects do the differents hats/characters/weapons have on the gameplay?

5. SimR

SimR Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    It's not obvious when you look at the video but the player must tap the reels to choose the gear he wants to equip.

For now the difference between equipment is damage dealt, extra HP and speed.

We'll post more details on the gameplay soon.

Thanks for your comment and I hope you keep giving your thoughts on the game.

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Did you say beta testing?!?

7. DaGreen1

DaGreen1 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Florida
    It looks like a good idea. I saw something similar by Hexage called Robotek. It's a similar setup with a bit of a "Rock Paper Scissors" kinda vibe too. I'd give this game a shot, since the colorful graphics and funny characters amuse me so.

8. SimR

SimR Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Soon enough pal, glad to see you're looking forward to play our game.

9. DaGreen1

DaGreen1 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Florida
    It looks fun, especially if we have online multiplayer. If you're releasing on TestFlight, I'd love to give a try.

10. SimR

SimR Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Details on gameplay tomorrow.

Afternoon gentlemen!

Tomorrow there will be a detailed post about the game mechanics of Slot Heroes. I will include videos too.

We're counting on you guys to gives your feedbacks.

See you tomorrow!

11. SimR

SimR Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    #11 SimR, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
    Gameplay details

Hello everyone,

As I promised yesterday, here is more details on the gameplay mechanics.

Feel free to ask any questions and to give us your opinion which is very important make this game better.

Thank you guys!

GAMEPLAY:

1. Filling your chest.

The first step is to decide how many coins you want to put in your chest. Coins are the chest's hit points. The more coins you put in it, the better are your odds of winning.

2. Spawning heroes

To choose your heroes' gear, stop each reels by tapping it at the moment of your choice. When the head gear, body gear and weapon are chosen, the hero spawns.

So what do you think of it people?

12. fingerthinker88

Mar 15, 2012
    Looks good

Looks good, can't wait to try the game. Please contact me for the beta. Also, will it be RPG style?

13. SimR

SimR Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Thanks a lot,
    Yes, there will be RPG elements such as gaining experience points to level up. We also wanted to include a trophy room that your friends would be able to visit.

14. SimR

SimR Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    #14 SimR, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
    Trophy room SUGGESTIONS

We want to include a trophy with cool stuff to brag about like your win/loose ratio, your wealth, items you have unlocked and much more features.

What do you want in your trophy room?

15. SimR

SimR Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Weapons revealed!

Good afternoon everyone,

Here is 3 weapons from Slot Heroes:

- Lite saber
    - Excalibacon
    - the trusty hand Grenade

We'll show you more real soon.

[​IMG]

16. multimage

multimage Well-Known Member

Another slots game?! :) Love the concept by the way. Can't wait to try this one out!

17. SimR

SimR Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Well thanks a lot! Beta testing is on its way. You did a great job with your game too. :)

18. Platt

Platt Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    TX, USA
    From the vids, I can't quite tell what I'd add. Though, I'm up for beta testing! Looks great! Love the graphics and characters! Maybe a few other heroes with their own themes? And differently themed maps? Bluetooth enabled multiplayer would be cool too. Or through gamecenter

19. Platt

Platt Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    TX, USA
    Could have trophies based on weapon kills. 50 wins with excalibacon(love it!) gives you a golden excalibacon trophy. You could even somewhat go along the lines of jetpack joyride and give golden weapons based on achievements

20. waxandwane

waxandwane Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    #20 waxandwane, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
    Looks good and your ideas sound promising, I would love to beta-test this :) I don't know if your game will contain much text (it's not always needed) but I'd gladly help you translating to French if you'd like ;)

Just saw you're from Québec, you probably won't need translating :p