iPhone Eufloria HD - (by Omni Systems)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Ah, I thought that already was implemented? I will add it to our list if not. :)

2. Angrypixel

Angrypixel New Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Bought the game this morning. I really like it. I had some difficulty selecting just 1 seedling, but I get it now.
    I hope the PC version gets the same treatment, so I can play this game everywhere.
    Thanks for a great game.

3. Ace :-D
    Yeah, the "Scout" button sends a single seedling, and is pretty darn useful. :)

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Game is absolutely stunning. The entire gameplay experience is fantastic. Music, graphics, animations, gameplay.... Everything comes together so perfectly to create one of the most immersive RTS titles Ive ever had the pleasure of experiencing.

$5 is a steal for this one... And I really wish there was a donate button within the game, so I could toss the Devs another $5... I'm completely blown away by this game.

Thank you guys so much for porting this to the iOS, and for taking all the extra time and effort to expand on the original. Really hope this sells well. Congrats, and best of luck!

BEAUTIFUL!!!!GET THIS NOW!

5. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Wait a sec.... Did you get a new iPad2? Coolness bro! I was torn between this and Darius this morning since I put out almost 30 bucks this week already but since I keep your reviews in high regard I shall skip out on the next deathdonalds value meal and play this instead!
    Thx bro

6. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    RudolfKremers,

You mentioned this will be done for iPhone in the future. Will it be universal, or two separate apps?

7. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    My iTunes acct is ironhelix001 at yahoo

Great way to give the devs extra $5! I'll be waiting for my gift, thanks

8. We are still working out details. Team Eufloria is 2 guys, and Tuna is 2 guys, so we have to hop around tasks at times, and at the moment iPad is taking up all our time. There will be more news about this though.

:)

9. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Great

Awesome game so far after playing an hour. Game is great looking on my iPad 2 and plays near perfect with a lot of strategy involved. Looking forward to hopefully many content updates. Well worth $5 IMO.

10. Lappstrong

Lappstrong Active Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Playing this with nice headphones is one of the coolest experiences ever. The artifacts are neat, and I like the write ups, but do they do anything else in game? Perhaps in arcade mode be able to have them all out for a cacophonous symphony.

11. The audio was meant to be an important part of the game, so it is great to hear when people enjoy it. :)

The ancient artifacts don't do more than offer quirky exploration possibilities, as you found out, but I do actually want to enhance them a bit. We ran out of time, but we may pick this up for a next update.

Nice one.

12. sillytuna

sillytuna Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Game Developer
    Sheffield, UK
    I'm writing this from a chilly hostel in hong kong but the wifi is working at least!

As rudolf said, we're still working out the details for iPhone. What happens next is as much to do with how the iPad version is received and if people like it or not. The game already runs on iPhone (4+ only) but we have to adjust a few things to make it work 100% and be usable on the smaller screen. That is actually quite tricky to get perfect.

I hope you'll forgive us for making you wait on that, but it's been crazy busy and tough to get the iPad build where we wanted it for now, and we have more to tweak on that yet.

If you're concerned about some other platform reviews and are sitting on the fence, let me help you out.

I was not a big player of the pc version. It looked cool, it was cool in fact, but it was too slow for me and didn't pull me in. It worked for lots of others but I like my games faster.

The ps3 version has some wonderful enhancements to the gameplay, meaning most of the original players could still like it but many new ones too. However, it didn't have the most welcoming of interfaces despite the great efforts of rudolf and alexm - a joypad is never going to be anywhere near as good as mouse or touch on this type of game.

We were fortunate in that we were allowed to polish up the iPad version and release it when we were ready - thank rudolf and alexm for that!

The iPad version is easily the most polished of the three versions and the most widely accessible. I'm still addicted to it and that's even after long hours developing the game and testing testing testing. As I've said elsewhere though, you need to learn the game - it is not instant gratification or for 2 minute sessions. Many other games will give that, but probably not eufloria.

Not everyone will like it and it certainly isn't perfect, but I do genuinely think it's a wonderful game which has got this far by iteration and user feedback. That's quite unusual but that's the advantage of being a somewhat disparate bunch of indies collaborating just to try and make a game better and better, not a big corporate giant churning out clones.

Pease do give us a rating and review, and all feedback appreciated.

13. nekros

nekros Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Please consider making this universal if at all possible. I will immediately pound on the buy button as soon as that's the case :) As an owner of many iThings, I'm finding it harder to juggle and justify having multiple versions of apps...

In the meantime I will vicariously enjoy videos of gameplay :) Thanks for making what looks to be a fantastic game!

14. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Although I realize it probably would make little sense for this game, does it track any sort of stats at least locally like win/loss records or quickest finishing of each level?

15. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    #55 xStatiCa, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
    Have you thought about a multi-player Eufloria 2 or update to Eufloria with a multi-player aspect?

16. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Dutch user here and I went for it.
    Downloading it as we speak.
    Never played the game but I did hear of it plus saw a friend play it not too long ago. Just by looking at the game I got really intrigued.
    The fact I now have this on my iPad 2 to go wherever I am is absolutely fantastic!

17. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    The app store is showing this as ipad game of the week. If you go the the games section it is the first one listed. Congrats :).

18. sillytuna

sillytuna Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Game Developer
    Sheffield, UK
    Universal - I can't say right now, only that it's worth having on iPad alone, and that it would be nice to do this for us multiple device owners!

Stats - We may well do something on this front in a future update. It is already on the wish list. Lots of stats are being recorded actually, so it's more about refinement and presentation. Probably need feedback on what users would like to see (and for many it won't matter as you say).

Multiplayer - on rudolf's sequel wish list for sure!

19. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I love the idea of various best runs (I'd think in a game like this, quickest times to complete a level) and win/loss records individually tracked for each map/level (and by difficulty level if multiple). Career stats like total number of baddies killed, trees planted, etc. mean little to me. I guess I'm looking for stats that show how well I've done or am doing, not so much that I've played the game 100 times and defeated 5000 seedlings. :)

20. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Certainly, for the arena levels that are designed to be replayed, that would make a lot of sense on a per-level basis.