List of games that use openfeint or have quality Global scores/achievements ?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by cranker, Aug 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    I just got Green Fingers (super fun) and I also have car mania and big Top 10 and really enjoy the features of openfeint and wonder how many games use it at the moment. High scores and achievements are needed in score based games or I get bored of them fast.

I also enjoy the high score systems in games like, orbital, Radial 50, Quick turn and racer...etc (the option to sync scores is very nice) but it is nice to have a program like open feint to link everything together.

I am at the point where if the game depends on high scores, and there are no global scores or it is not done well, I don't want the game.

Also, what is the competition to openfeint ? It's all about high scores:) ..and lots of games have global scores and achievements but are done without thought or polish.

2. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    There are several things competing with Open Feint, the best of which is Plus+. Personally, I like Plus+ much more than open feint, since it doesn't cause any game to lag like crazy when it is enabled, and it has a nicer interface.

You can find Plus+ in Rolando 2, Star Defense, and Luxor today. In the near future, you'll be able to get it in Flick Fishing, Rolando, Dr. Awesome, Maze Finger, Topple 2, and Word Fu.

3. kmacleod

Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    California
    Also, as you said, the lack of polish in some games is an issue. It is one of the major things I don't like about Open Feint - some games seem to take it seriously, some seem to just throw something up for the sake of having a presence there.

4. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
  5. cranker

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    Thanks for the info, I did notice the lag, I thought it was my connection......It's still good but hopefully that can be fixed. Even though I have Stoneloops I might check out Luxor just because the high Scores are what keep me playing......................:)

By the way, How did you find out which games will be using plus+ ?

6. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    Plus+ was created by ngmoco:)
    and they naturally implented it to all if not most of their games

7. cranker

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    So true, I hope the whole high score thing gets taken very seriously in the future because it can make ALL the difference in getting that addicted feeling, just wanting to play again and again.

I agree that few games do it with "polish and thought"

8. kmacleod

Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    California
    High scores definitely improve the experience. I actually think Stoneloops is a better game than Luxor, but the high scores keep the other interesting ;)

You can see which games are going to use Plus+ on their website, http://plusplus.com

They have a bunch of videos and information about the service there, so you can get a feel for it without needing to buy a game.

9. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA