Rat On A Scooter XL can be played on iPhone/iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Random_Guy, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    #1 Random_Guy, Apr 4, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
    Why is it that Rat On A Scooter XL can be played on the iPhone/iPod Touch, but not on the iPad itself. Am I missing something here?

2. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    "HD" is what denotes a game that is only playable on iPad. "XL" is what IUGO adds to the end of their games that are compatible with both the iPad and iPod Touch/iPhone.

Rat on a Scooter XL was this game's name before the iPad craze. It's just what Donut Games named it. I think it means the deluxe version of it or something... I'm not sure. What I am sure of, though, is that in this case, XL doesn't mean anything regarding the iPad :p

3. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Hmm... I see. Then I guess the question is: what is the 'XL' doing there?

4. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I don't think anyone can answer this better than Donut Games themselves. To me, I thought it was maybe an updated version of what used to be 'Rat on a Scooter', but they added so much to it in a certain update that they renamed it 'Rat on a Scooter XL".

That's what I was thinking before... But now that I look at their games, I just noticed "Rat on the Run".

So here's what I think now: It's a follow-up to 'Rat on the Run', but instead of the rat being on 'the run', it's now on an extra large scooter. :p

5. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Oh, I get it. Before, Rat On A Scooter had just the one game mode, but now it has four, so now it is called 'XL'?

6. DonutGames

DonutGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    You seem to have almost figured it out already. :)

Initially, Rat On A Scooter was just a quick mini-game that was included inside the "Rat On The Run" app.

Since there were many fans that loved the mini-game and wanted more, we decided to create a stand-alone version of the game with more features and additional game modes.

That why we added "XL" to the new, larger version... so that you can tell the mini-game and stand-alone product apart.

7. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Ah, thanks for the clarification.