Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-15-2014, 05:29 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

How do you remove ads? Bought game bought some gold, golden axe. Did update since I saw the new units, then Boom freemium. Now I see no option to restore purchase and forced to watch ads.
It frustrates me when developer screws early supporters.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:42 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

lol ... its such a shame that this game can't even make the money back ..
i am gonna have to buy it on the steam also to support them ! its so much fun ... like a twisted fantasy twin stick shooter with guitar rock music ......
Old 05-15-2014, 10:44 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by esdotdev View Post
Thanks for all the comments guys.

Basically we're going Free to Play because we've seen pretty strong revenues from IAP's, and we really think that just getting as many people playing as possible will monetize far more than the $.99 entry fee. The game has not broken even, not even close. Sad to say, but the paid market is just broken right now on mobile, or maybe we just did it wrong

On the idea of rewarding Early Adopters, I personally feel that being an early adopter IS the reward. You played it before anyone else, you were the first to get to experience it, and for that there is a bit higher price. The same as when you see a new movie, or buy a new tech gadget. Not that it's really the case, we just launched on Steam for 6.99, so you got a pretty damn good deal!

But we do want to say thanks to our early adopters, so we're planning on the following:
* All people upgrading, will obviously not see Ads.
* We'll implement iCloud to track whether you were a paid user, so this should work even if you download it on a new device.
* Hopefully, we'll be able to bring over the new Indie Units we laucnhed on Steam with (no promises though, as we still need permission)

On top of that, your comments gave me a pretty sweet idea... What if, when you first upgrade to the F2P version, we pop up a "Blank Check", signed by Brad of course, and you could enter any value form 0-999,999, as an early adopter. Kinda cool?

In terms of updates, they will be coming, we really want to add some new enemies and campaign levels, but it will take some time, we're a small team, and also have some new idea we're dying to try out
... its such a shame that this game can't even make the money back ..
i am gonna have to buy it on the steam also to support them ! its so much fun ... like a twisted fantasy twin stick shooter with guitar rock music ......

btw .. will it be release on the Mac app store so we could utilise the game center for challenging friends with achievements & leaderboards ? come on , u have a steam mac version already , how hard is it to get it on mac app store
Old 05-17-2014, 04:38 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Still seeing ads clearly they did not test it or figured who cares lets just say we did and when it does not work act surprised.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:53 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Thanks for all the comments guys.

Basically we're going Free to Play because we've seen pretty strong revenues from IAP's, and we really think that just getting as many people playing as possible will monetize far more than the $.99 entry fee. The game has not broken even, not even close. Sad to say, but the paid market is just broken right now on mobile, or maybe we just did it wrong

On the idea of rewarding Early Adopters, I personally feel that being an early adopter IS the reward. You played it before anyone else, you were the first to get to experience it, and for that there is a bit higher price. The same as when you see a new movie, or buy a new tech gadget. Not that it's really the case, we just launched on Steam for 6.99, so you got a pretty damn good deal!

But we do want to say thanks to our early adopters, so we're planning on the following:
* All people upgrading, will obviously not see Ads.
* We'll implement iCloud to track whether you were a paid user, so this should work even if you download it on a new device.
* Hopefully, we'll be able to bring over the new Indie Units we laucnhed on Steam with (no promises though, as we still need permission)

On top of that, your comments gave me a pretty sweet idea... What if, when you first upgrade to the F2P version, we pop up a "Blank Check", signed by Brad of course, and you could enter any value form 0-999,999, as an early adopter. Kinda cool?

In terms of updates, they will be coming, we really want to add some new enemies and campaign levels, but it will take some time, we're a small team, and also have some new idea we're dying to try out

have been playing 20 hours straight ... jesus.. this is a damn fine game and i couldn't wait for the local coop / new campaign / survival area / enemies to be patch in the update ! fxxking love the steam mac version of it
Old 05-26-2014, 03:17 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobi View Post
Still seeing ads clearly they did not test it or figured who cares lets just say we did and when it does not work act surprised.
Not sure why it didn't pick it up on 1st launch, but you can try launching a new save, which will enable the Restore Purchases button for the Golden Axe, restore your purchase and it should remove ads.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:19 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryfakesmile View Post
btw .. will it be release on the Mac app store so we could utilise the game center for challenging friends with achievements & leaderboards ? come on , u have a steam mac version already , how hard is it to get it on mac app store
App store version is coming in a week or so, but we don't have an extension for GameCentre support on OSX unfortunately.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:01 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Thanks for letting us know about this issue, we'll look into it. It might just be an issue with Adobe AIR, as we don't actually use anywhere near that much space, but we'll see.

Any luck on this?
Old 07-05-2014, 10:10 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

We'll I purchased the golden lute, maxed all upgrades, purchased all characters. Earned all achievements minus the 100 percent completion. Is this bugged on IOS?