Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    It's really nice to have you guys looking after game development. Without you I would miss a lot! Thanx!!! :)

I thought I checked everything after the update, but the only thing I noticed was the 16th achievement, Metal competitor. Going for that as we speak. :p

So, steel dragon it is. Taking a brake (again) from breeding panlongs and hording money and food going for gold. *haha*

In Stockholm, it's been snowing all night. Spring came last week, but was obviously just teasing us. Well, well... More time to cuddle up in thesofa and tend to the little ones. My dragons, that is! :D

2. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Thanks Eugekava! I got 14hr timer first go with lvl 7 mine + lvl 15 frosty in the epic love cave! Sorry I have been lurking more than posting lately. Logging in is such a pain on my phone and have been too busy to sit down at the computer.

3. swarmski

swarmski Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    2 outta 2!

Iron/Frostfire in both breeding areas

4. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #3564 girlpower, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
    Yes, I thought it was the nicest looking metal dragon too, the baby is a cutey.
    Haha, I will have to take note of the squatting movement...too funny :D

http://images.wikia.com/dragonvale/images/c/cd/SteelMarket.png
    This is the adult from wiki

Huge congrats for achieving your first gold shrine....you and I must think alike on some stuff cause after visiting a couple of other GC friends who have some gold shrines, I also thought it was a weird yellow (like plated gold instead of the real thing as in a deeper gold) LOL, not that I am dripping in gold or anything :p

Off to visit your Islands now, want to see a squat :rolleyes:

PS totally agree with Yasha, I also would miss BS sneaking new dragons in if it wasn't for people like you letting us know on here, so thanks from me too

5. Yasha65

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #3565 Yasha65, Apr 14, 2012
    Not meening to be abore, but the iron/frostfire can result in a 14 h fail as well. :( I got all excited when the first thing I got was 14 h breeding time with the combo, so I did some speeding up. And was "rewarded" with a mountain dragon.

Now I have a steel grey egg with snow flakes in the hatchery. Hopefully it's my first steel. I haven't seen any info about the egg, so now I'm gonna trace back in the forum. :rolleyes:

Edit: Steel grey egg with white snow flakes is our little steel dragon of course.
    And, since using the iron dragon involves earth and might give another 14 h, in this case unwanted, dragon, I wanted to try something else. So, I put together metal/mine and now have a 14 h breeding in normal cave. The only outvomes possible from that combo (as of now) should be metal (8 h), mine (10 h) and steel (14 h). I'm not speeding this one, but I think this is a steel too.

6. swarmski

Sep 20, 2011
    #3566 swarmski, Apr 14, 2012
    Blake over at the mojo farm forums has found a dodo dragon now in the game files :)

More info

http://dragonvale.wikia.com/wiki/Dodo_Dragon

[​IMG]

""Cave drawings of the dodo dragon were first discovered on Mooretoss Island long ago by the great explorer Lewis Dodoson. They depict an ancient, flightless, and rather clumsy dragon. For centuries it was thought to be extinct, but we now know that while the dodo dragon may be rare, it is certainly not extinct! I wonder what other dragons have yet to be discovered!""

7. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hey Yasha, thanks for the heads up.....now I wait with nervous anticipation.
    Didn't think to check for any other 14 hr timers at the time....still have approx 5 hrs to go so may have to
    speed it up before bedtime.
    Did you try this combo a second time to get your first steel dragon?

Sounds like you have another currently breeding with your metal/mine....good work you clever girl ;)

8. Yasha65

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yup, got the first steel from second try with iron/frostfire, so I hope you get yours first try! :)

I hope the combo metal/mine gives me number two too. :D

9. Yasha65

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Interesting news!

This one is the second movie association? Thinking of Ice Age here... And is it for real?!? :eek:

10. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Thank you for the info. I had to speed mine up to be sure and it is Steel:)

11. kasm

kasm Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Just sold an iron dragon and it was for 1,250,000 instead of the usual 1,500,000. Anyone else experience this? May have dropped its value in the last update. Hopefully magnetic is still 1.5m.

12. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks Yash.
    Just hurried mine and it is a steel - nice :)
    Let is know regarding your second steel (hopefully) #2 too :D

13. swarmski

Sep 20, 2011
    Most dragons reduced sell price in update...prob makes sense :p

14. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I tried earth + sandstorm twice and got 2hr fails. I saw ice age a long time ago but need to ponder a bit longer for possible association.

15. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    It looks like magnetic is now 1.150m. Did a quick comparision and looks like Mine stayed the same and Rust went up and everything else dropped. The worst part for me is the huge drop in XP for hatching them.

16. Yasha65

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #3576 Yasha65, Apr 14, 2012
    Yes, the metal dragons have decreased in value! :mad:

Still waiting for the possibly second steel.

And a little bit annoyed because the metal competitor, that was almost finished, suddenly disappeared from the Colosseum and I'm stuck with an air one instead. Feeling kind of grumpy actually. I was looking forward to that 16th achievement. Not that I was sure of gold medal, but with metal dragon in Colosseum I at least had a chance. :mad:

Thinking about it, this has happened before, but having all other achievements I didn't bother. Until now.:(:(

17. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    Haven't got the Steel dragon yet but I will by tomorrow.

This dodo dragon is interesting but clearly another blatant colour change to a dragon.

18. Yasha65

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Wow!!! The Dodo exists! Forgive me for doubting. :eek: Still, I spent all my precious, gifted gems in trying every possible combo I could think of. What worked in the end was the original tip earth/fog in breeding cave. It's in hatchery now. :eek:

As for Ice Age reference, I was thinking of Dodo birds. Aren't there a couple? :confused:

The 14 h metal/mine combo in breeding cave turned out to be my second steel. :p Out of gems now. Back to money making and gold chase. It's a pity the iron pays less now. :(

19. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Waaaa!!!! I'll never be able to buy enough food to achieve gold shrines!

20. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Thanks, Yasha! That happened to me and I thought I was losing my mind. Either that or I finished accidently as I was falling asleep ;) It left me with Air as well!