Universal Junk Jack Retro (By Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Pixbits

Pixbits Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2011
    We are closed testing the 1.0.3 which changed many things internally to avoid crashes, make sure to make backups until then.. unfortunately an engine like the one of Junk Jack is so full of features that requires really a lot of work for 100% safety :(

It will also have a good backup function that will save your worlds and your inventory from these issues.

Soon everything will be working fine! (or the real Minecraft will have buried us :p )

2. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    You need to make a chest to hold your loots. Unfortunately that has prerequisites that you need to also build. I won't spoil it for you, but there is a solution to your problem.

3. Pixbits

Pixbits Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2011
    By the way 1.0.3 will simplify craft for wood chest (for a faster start), since metal chests will be more expensive but will have also greater capacity..

4. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Mine has crashed a few times in both versions so I have learnt to save regularly. I just accepted it as I knew the devs were on the case and it was a new release. Massive devs release buggy games all the time (my BF3 had a day 1 patch) and pixbits are far from massive.

I feel as an iOS gamer this is something we have to grow used to if the platform is to continue to attract indie devs. They don't have the budgets for extended testing across multiple iOS platforms and often need a game released to generate income. Pixbits have responded as quickly as they can to issues, the hold up seems to be Apples submission process.

This is the price we pay for innovative new games that big publishers won't put out.

Sort of rant over :)

5. skatelakai117

skatelakai117 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    honestly the minecraft app looks disappointing to me. minecraft on the computer is alot of fun but without multiplayer for ipod its lacking. i'd prefer that on the computer and junk jack on ipod!

6. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I have to second that, minus the 'multiplayer' part.

I play minecraft on the PC to this day, and it's a great game, but I never thought to myself: "this would be awesome on the iPhone". Junk Jack, though, is the perfect iPhone game of it's kind and I'm happy to support it. I won't get Minecraft, but Junk Jack will stay in my device for a loong time yet.

7. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Don't think this will happen "junk jack" looks so much better graphically and the 2D gameplay IMO fits a portable game much better.

8. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Please please place implement iCloud!!! It would be so amazing. That and Dropbox.

To easily click on a button and back up there would be amazing. I never go near my computer and syncing via wifi doesn't work. And unless I back up 20 Times a day, I could seriously lose out on a heck of a lot of progress.

9. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Also, I posted this in the other forums, but one major (a d I mean MAJOR) problem is storing gems and trinkets on shelves.

When I first place them, I can take them on and off as I'd like.

But If I quit and come back, they are immovable. I can hammer down the shelves and such, but no matter what the items won't drop.

Worst thing is that I did this for a few, quit and when I came back, EVERYYHING that was hanging in mid air was gone. Even if I put a shelf back under.

I spent hours finding cook stuff, to not be able to have it on display is not okay.

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Never paid much attention to this game as I never really got into Minecraft (my kids, have, however). But once the 2G issues are fixed, I think I may have to throw my hat into the ring. Looks like a good way for someone new to Minecraft-type of games to ease into it.

And with the overwhelmingly positive response to it, don't know if I'll be able to stay on the sidelines.

11. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    No, Minecraft won't bury you, at least for me :). Junk Jack suits my iPhone much better than Minecraft, it has got mobs, etc. Yes, some people will prefer Minecraft, but I prefer yours. Btw, you're around position 42 in the global game ranking of the Spanish app store. You should be very happy about that, plus IMHO you are nurturing the game and taking care of all the issues ASAP, which is a plus for iPhone games.

I have stopped playing until 1.03 is available because I haven't got much time to back up the archives during the day, so I prefer to be patient and wait for all the fixes to arrive. Nonetheless, I've played a lot and I've enjoyed it much, much more than when I played Eden (Minecraft clone) some months ago.

12. Barak

Barak Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Portland, OR
    You have a great chance to beat Minecraft on the iPhone since the look and nature of your game just fits the device SO much better, but only if you can put the work into it you will need to fix all the bugs, make regular updates and expand the functionality to add lots while still fitting the small format so well like you have so far.

I hope you have great success, since I have no interest in the regular Minecraft on my phone :)

13. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I don't think you can compare this game to minecraft, because it is 2D. Just because it is a block building game doesn't mean it is like minecraft.
    Besides, there are like a billion minecraft fanboys that get butthurt when people give their honest opinion and say they like (whatever game) over minecraft.

14. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Heh, now there are a billion minecraft fanboys butthurt :D

15. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Lol I know. :)

16. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Fine by me. :rolleyes:

17. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    Not in my eyes!

Never played Minecraft and it is way too open world for me - this while open world has some distant goals - finding biomes, finding items, etc. No comparison.

Not only that but this looks a heck of a lot better and more fun than the screenshots of that "other" game!

18. rayvin400

rayvin400 Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Im not going to buy minecraft.
    first off its so expensive
    2nd off, i dont like the graphics or the less personal feeling i get when i play it..its more cold and lonely for some reason.
    and 3rd, it doesnt fit the ipod in my opinion.

Keep up content updates, and you wont have anything to worry about.

19. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Read that again from the context of globalization and economic imperialism.

It's pretty darn funny. :D

20. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    Yeah now that you say it like that, you are dead on right!

Still, it does work and has its place in the Junk Jack world of survival!

Now you are going to make me feel bad!