Multiplayer Games (Like UniWar)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by lepeos, May 7, 2010.

1. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    I don't really know how to describe it, Multiplayer turn-based? Anyway yeah my friend and I love this game but it's getting a bit old, is there any other multiplayer games with a similar premise, that you can take a turn then leave it and receive push notifications?

I'm not adverse to suggestions of different genres than a Turn Based Strategy game, but I know about the obvious ones like Words/Chess with Friends.

Any and all help appreciated. Thanks.

2. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Not turn based, but a nice real time strategy game: Red Conquest.

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Red Conquest is awesome, but you might be looking for something more along the lines of UniWar...

4. mwhite67

mwhite67 Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    mecho wars is pretty cool

5. The_Running_Man

The_Running_Man Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
  6. highlyrefinedpirate

highlyrefinedpirate Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    it's not the same type of game at all, but words with friends has the same multiplayer setup, as you complete your turn, and wait for your opponent to log in and complete theirs.

7. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Thanks for the replies guys - yeah Red Conquest is awesome, probably the best RTS on the App Store. Checked out Mecho Wars but it looks a bit too similar to UniWar but I think I'll take a look at Battle for Wesnoth!

I guess due to the concept of the multiplayer I want it limits the genres that can have it, there's hardly gonna be many FPS with this.

8. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Wow, picked up Battle for Wesnoth for 59p and I really feel like I stole something. I read the blurb where it talked about over 200 missions or scenarios or whatever and was like, yeah, about 150 will be about 3 minutes long - well I've done about 5 including the tutorial since yesterday and I'm hooked!

However I can't seem to get Multiplayer working, so I thought I'd ask in this thread instead of starting a new one, it keeps saying it can't connect to server.

Also does the Multiplayer have Push Notifications?

Thanks