Why are so many games first release in NZ store?

06-29-2014, 03:53 AM
Why are so many games first release in NZ store?

Just wondering, I've seen many game Threads said the game was released in New Zealand app store first rather than US store. And it seems a lot of games release on Wednesday, too. Any specific reasons for Wednesday or New Zealand as developer's favorite?
06-29-2014, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FateRiddle View Post
Just wondering, I've seen many game Threads said the game was released in New Zealand app store first rather than US store. And it seems a lot of games release on Wednesday, too. Any specific reasons for Wednesday or New Zealand as developer's favorite?
Timezones happen.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

06-29-2014, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FateRiddle View Post
Yes. Timezones. The international date line sees NZ as the one of the first countries to start a new day. 3 hrs in front of eastcoast Australia
06-29-2014, 05:44 PM
Yes exactly, well it's 10:43am Monday here in NZ, pretty much everyone else follows
06-29-2014, 07:20 PM
To clarify, publishers can schedule their games to launch on a specific date, after they've been approved. This allows for building publicity, sending review copies, so on.

When that date arrives, timezones mean that it happens in NZ first. Then as each timezone reaches the specified date, the game appears in that timezone's App Stores.

AfterPad.com - MFi Gaming News | Game List | Controllers | Twitter
06-29-2014, 11:00 PM
And why Wednesday?
06-29-2014, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post
And why Wednesday?
Because it's right before Apple updates the Featured Games section

AfterPad.com - MFi Gaming News | Game List | Controllers | Twitter