Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-23-2014, 09:05 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

First off, I want to thank Cloudpuff for sending a code my way. I really appreciate your generosity.

Secondly, the gameplay is elegant in its simplicity. Stripped of any visual noise, players are left with all key gaming elements on-screen and in-play for each level. I'm only on level 15 (I got stuck for a while on 12, mind you), and this is a unique puzzler that requires some creative thinking, spot-on timing and intricate movement. I like how the dev chose to display one's progression by graying out a percentage of the screen for each accomplished objective. For example, if there are three dots that need to be "twined", after the first one is completed, a third of the screen is grayed out...after a second one is completed, two-thirds of the screen is grayed out, etc.

Don't let the bare-boned simplicity of the visuals fool you. There is some well-thought out game design that is both challenging and satisfying.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:48 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by trasheater View Post
@cloudpuff The idea for level 28 is to do the right one first. Go between the red guys on the right one. Then do the left one by looping both the red guys and the the dark guy.

I have seen so many people getting stuck on that level

@mzinn great ideas! I have added some of them to the research/maybe list for future updated. I really like the idea of different difficulty sections.
Cracked it just after I posted, I'm now on 31. I'm in the middle of a big spring clean and like how I can just dip into the game on my cig breaks.
I have another couple suggestions, a restart button, sometimes it's better to start from the original start position after messing up rather than untangling the string if that makes sense.
Also I'd like it if possible the speed if the levels restarting after a failure could be reduced, just a little, some of these puzzles take several attempts and I'm eager to get back it 😃
Old 04-23-2014, 09:49 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
First off, I want to thank Cloudpuff for sending a code my way. I really appreciate your generosity.

Secondly, the gameplay is elegant in its simplicity. Stripped of any visual noise, players are left with all key gaming elements on-screen and in-play for each level. I'm only on level 15 (I got stuck for a while on 12, mind you), and this is a unique puzzler that requires some creative thinking, spot-on timing and intricate movement. I like how the dev chose to display one's progression by graying out a percentage of the screen for each accomplished objective. For example, if there are three dots that need to be "twined", after the first one is completed, a third of the screen is grayed out...after a second one is completed, two-thirds of the screen is grayed out, etc.

Don't let the bare-boned simplicity of the visuals fool you. There is some well-thought out game design that is both challenging and satisfying.
So far everyone I know who has played has got stuck at 12, it must have took me over 30 attempts.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:12 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I think I made level 12 a little too hard. I might just slow the red guy a little in the next release.

Also I'm adding a new mode to the next release and secret items in the levels
Old 04-25-2014, 06:25 AM

Oh wow this is really really cool (yes, I too thought Blek clone). I'd have this by now if I had an iPad, this seems extremely cool, and the way the string behaves definitely makes some interesting game play from the looks of it
Old 04-25-2014, 07:40 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I'm at level 46 now and it's a toughy. Still enjoying it though.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:27 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I made a short trailer. I hope it explains the gameplay well enough

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 05-15-2014, 04:03 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I don't get any of the bad reviews. This is a good game plain and simple. This game deserves a 4.5 but since it's not integrated that way, I will give it a 5. Heck, my dad even enjoyed it and figured it out. And that's like teaching monkey how to file taxes.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:59 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Picked it up.
It looks almost as simple as me!
I've been on a minimalist kick since the late 70s.
Or is it considered a lifestyle after that much time?
Old 10-29-2014, 07:36 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Twined is free for the next few days for all those that wanted to play but don't have the cash.