What are the biggest gaming forums for mobile games (except of TA :)

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Peter Fodor, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Peter Fodor

Peter Fodor Member

May 5, 2015
    Marketing guy
    Prague, The Czech Republic
    Guys, could you recommend me other mobile gaming forums as TouchArcade where is descent traffic and such a lively community as here?

2. RareSloth

RareSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

I haven't found anything. I think TouchArcade is definitely my favorite.

There's a couple others that don't focus exclusively on touch:

- Pennyarcade
    - Tigsource
    - Pocket tactics

Again, I think TouchArcade reigns supreme in terms of touch :)

3. Columbo

Columbo Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2014
    You could try http://www.reddit.com/r/iosgaming/ perhaps

I presume that subreddit is administered by someone from TA given that there's a plug for TouchArcade in the sidebar.

4. PortBliss

PortBliss Member

May 9, 2015
    Indie Game Developer
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Pocket Gamers, Droid Gamers, Venture Beat etc. are some other forums. But definitely none of these is as lively as touch arcade.

5. Peter Fodor

Peter Fodor Member

May 5, 2015
    Marketing guy
    Thanks Columbo. Is it better to submit a text post or a link to the game microsite? What do you and other reddit users generally prefer?

6. Peter Fodor

Peter Fodor Member

May 5, 2015
    Marketing guy
    Thanks RareSloth and PortBliss, I really appreciate your help!

7. Columbo

Columbo Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2014
    Reddit is very annoying, because they have site-wide rules about not self-promoting.

Apparently if more than 10% (I think) of the links you post are about your own products, then you're a self-promoter and could face a ban.

Which is fine as far as it goes, their website, their rules. But the problem is that there are certain subreddits which really WANT you to post your own stuff /r/indiegaming for example, but they have to fit into site-wide rules and stop you from doing so.

Basically, if you post your own content there, you might get your post rejected or you might get banned.

Anyway, assuming you can get around that, I'd post a link straight to the iTunes page, or failing that (if you havne't launched yet) to your website page for the game.

8. Peter Fodor

Peter Fodor Member

May 5, 2015
    Marketing guy
    Great, thanks! I already found that rule of 10% of self-promotion but I will try to post the link to the microsite.