Best Games to Show Off

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Fazzy, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

#1 Fazzy, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
    No, this isn't another one of those threads asking which games are the best...
    It's slightly different.
    My question is, which games are the best to show off to others?
    Games that are fun, look nice, and make you seem cool.
    Ancient Frog, although it is a great game, would not make look you look cool.
    Touchgrind would.

What do you guys think?

My picks:
    Touchgrind
    Scoops
    Pocket God
    LightBike
    iDracula
    Any Racing Game
    iCopter
    Any Hottrix drinking app

EDIT: There's another thread about this, located here

2. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

3. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Is this what the world has come to? Jesus christ, I'm not in any way a Earth freak but wtf? The standards of being cool these days is to have good looking games on your iPod? Maybe you should get a life and stop trying so hard to impress people with meaningless materials.

4. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    hehe
    i just knew that cause i remember posting i like to show of crash so i included crash in the search and it only came up with 14 threads

5. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

I'm 14, sir. Every day I am surrounded by about 10 other 14-year-olds who all own either an ipod touch or an iphone. If you show off something cool, they are all envious of you. That feels good.

6. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Enjoy your teens! When you'll grow up, you'll know that that is not important at all. Enjoy your gadgets and at the same time learn, study hard because that's what it is going to matter later.

7. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

8. Nate5911

Nate5911 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    yea so you definitely just copied my thread.. There is already a link to it.

9. VoodooVyper

Jan 25, 2009
    I'm 23, and lemme tell you. It means nothing. You mean to tell me that your "friends" only accept you because of the games you buy (not to mention, they are available to EVERYONE), rather than who you are? You got some serious problems, kid.

10. ibelongintheforums

Jan 4, 2009
  11. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Easy VoodooVyper...I hear where you coming from. But, he's a kid so give him some leeway.

12. ibelongintheforums

Jan 4, 2009
    give him a break
    its the society the teens live in

but what i find funny is we are on a video gaming website that we check every day and play games on our phones and talk to people we never met and have virtual friends and WE are the ones telling OTHERS they have problems???

:D

13. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Pretty much.;)

14. VoodooVyper

Jan 25, 2009
    #15 VoodooVyper, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
    What? That's completely irrelevant. I'm a college student with free time and I come on here to hear about new games and updates and maybe win some promo codes. How is that a problem? I'm not under the pretense that people like me because of the games I play, nor am I here trying to impress anybody.

Doesn't anyone see what's wrong with that "the society teens live in" statement? You have to earn your friends by showing them how much money you have (aka what you pretend to have, because not too many 14 year olds have jobs)? So, essentially, you earn your friends by showing them how much money your parents make and how spoiled you are. Talk to me in 10 years and tell if me if those "friends" even know your name anymore.

15. ibelongintheforums

Jan 4, 2009
    hehe
    it was a joke

take a breath voodoo
    yes, that IS the society
    for better or worse
    i dont like it but its the truth

16. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    I feel like your taking this too seriously. He just wanted to start a thread and have some responses going.

The best to show off is something simple, like Pocket God. Or a game with really good graphics, like Fieldrunners.

17. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    +1

I also love showing iPhone games to my friends and girlfriend. Not to make them they accept me, but to make them accept that iPhone is really great.

What I don't understand is how some people still underestimate the iPhone - when the rest of smartphone industry is trying to copy it.

18. VoodooVyper

Jan 25, 2009
    It just puts me on edge when people post things like that. Especially when he said "to make me seem cool" in his original post. I didn't grow up with money handed to me left and right from my parents. It's just astonishing to me that only 9 years later, that 14 year olds have iPhones and iPod touches in such a terrible economy. Even more so, this is the method they use to earn their "friends" respect.

19. VoodooVyper

Jan 25, 2009
    I understand this, demonstrating a product to another is the classic "word of mouth" advertisement method that companies hope for constantly. I show games to my girlfriend as well because I think she may like them. But the OP is asking for games to 'show off' to his friends so that they think he's cool. (Read the original post, he even says "seem cool".)