Anker Charger

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ste86uk, Aug 1, 2015.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    So after Eli's review and my having 5 iOS devices in the house I decided to get the anker 6 port charger.

I just had two questions really for any of you that have been using them a while, firstly I usually have mine plugged into an extension lead. Will it still function as quickly as it will being plugged straight into the wall socket?

The other question was just a about getting cables, does anyone know where I can get good quality cables for charging also?

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Using an extension should be no different than a wall plug as long as the extension is reasonable quality (adequate guage wire).

I get most of my cables off Amazon. Their basic cables are pretty good quality, or you can just look for cables with a reasonable number of reviews that have 4-4.5 stars.

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #3 ste86uk, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    Thought I'd come back and post on this as chargers are something we all need and we all know how terrible the apple cables are! There really are so many choices on Amazon but Anker were selling 3 foot and 6 foot (don't quote me on those lengths) nylon braided cables so I got one of each and they are awsome. They feel very premium and like they will last a long time compared to their plastic counterparts and also cost very little extra when compared to the plastic choices.

Just search anker nylon braided on Amazon and you'll find them easy.

4. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I've been using Anker cables for a while now. So far they are the only cables that have not worn out on me. They're pretty heavy duty.