Horror games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by November's Chopin, Jan 2, 2011.

1. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    #1 November's Chopin, Jan 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
    Are there any true horror games for the iDevice? By true horror I mean mostly psychological horror, ones that are very suspenseful/mysterious/freaky, untainted by the developer's attempts at trying to turn a scary game into some violent action game. So that rules out stuff like Doom, Rage, RE4, RE Degeneration, the assembly of those silly zombie games, or anything with big guns/excessive blood/violence.
    The perfect examples are of course classics like the original Resident Evil (pre-Resident Evil 4) and Silent Hill games, you could walk through the entire game without fighting anyone but it would still be creepy the first few times you play it. Graphics are of no concern, in fact I would prefer excellent 2D graphics over crappy 3D graphics.
    Mystique seems be mentioned many times before, any others?

2. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    There's a game in the works called Forgotten Memories. It's made by the creators of Dead Strike, but if you were sour on that game, you may be happy to hear that Forgotten Memories is shaping up to be the best psychological horror game on iOS. I really hope it turns out to be as good as it's looking.

Also, if you haven't heard of it before, Prisoner 84 has been out for quite a while. That's a fantastic one that proves that good sound beats out good graphics any day of the week.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I would add Fallen.

4. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    I haven't heard of that one. What is it? :p

5. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    soul is pretty creepy, but mostly just difficult

6. pablo6630

pablo6630 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    you people don't know that is real horror game,did you try mystique 1 and 2 or Forgotten Memories?

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
  8. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    Oh dur... I forgot all about that game. I never got too far in it, but I don't know why. That's really sad to hear there won't be an episode two though :\ Is that 100% confirmed? :(

Did you even read any of the thread before you posted? :p

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I remember reading something about trying to get it going again, but when someone makes the source code public domain that's not a good sign ;).

10. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I'm just going to add to what everyone else has said by saying that Fallen-EP1 and Prisoner 84 are all you really need if you're a horror fan for now. Fallen isn't too scary although it's a bit creepy, but Prisoner has gotten me more than I thought it would at first. Both are really good games though, and seeing as Fallen is permanently free, there's no reason to overlook it.

11. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    I played Prisoner 84 before. It was an ok game, but not the type that I'd want to spend the time to play through the entire game, since I'm not too fond of the theme (paranormal prison). I'll give Fallen a try.
    Thanks.

12. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    Prisoner 84: The graphics are sort of stupid, but the creepiness is good.

Soul: This deep 2d art-exploration game is a very interesting cult classic for iPhone horror gamers, playing as a ball of light roaming through a mysterious labyrinth of darkness...