Unity 2.5?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by TheOZ, Jan 25, 2009.

1. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I just read about this at the site and was wondering if anyone else here had other news about it?
    It says 2.5 will be compatible with Windows computer so should I use the time I have from now till the release of 2.5 to learn coding or should I forget 2.5 and just get Unity 2.0?
    I already have a windows computer so it could save me alittle bit of money, or is the wait too long(if anyone knows the exact release date)

I didn't have time to read the whole thing so I apologize if any of the questions I asked were answered in there.

Heres the link:

http://unity3d.com/unity/coming-soon/unity-2.5

2. blikstad

blikstad Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Freelance artist and game developer.
    Uppsala, Sweden
    You're planning to make iPhone games with unity?

Unity iPhone is a separate product, that most likely will never work on windows. Otherwise, up to you what to do. Just wanted to let you know. :D

3. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    I believe they are working or planning a windows version but to make iphone games you still need a mac and the SDK.

4. Morti

Morti Well-Known Member

Unity 2.5 will be a free update to 2.x users. For iPhone development you still need the separate Unity iPhone version, as Magnus said.

5. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Oh alright, thanks for clearing that up for me.

6. MCRrokz

MCRrokz Active Member

Dec 23, 2008
    this is pretty cool for a $0.99 app. What they should do is make a haunted warehouse. A lot of people would buy that!