★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Meet Joe Gillis, employee for the Las Vegas Sewer Maintenance System.
Just another day of work in the dirty sewers.

EXCEPT THAT IT IS NOT JUST ANOTHER DAY.
RATS ARE EVERYWHERE!

Equipped with his foam gun, Gillis is ready to stop the rat avalanche that is happening in cities around the globe.
Yes, he will single handedly take care of the rat problem in Las Vegas, Barcelona, New York City and Rio de Janeiro.
Not only that, he will go to the sewers and see for himself what the root problem is:
THE CATS ARE TAKING OVER THE WORLD,
AND THEY ARE STARTING WITH THE SEWERS.

It is mayhem, and it starts now!

Highlights:
- Travel through 7 gorgeous challenging cities
- HD graphics, iOS universal app
- Intuitive controls
- Game Center leaderboards and achievements
- Unlockable power ups means more fun!

SEWER WARS is an iOS game by Sprite Lockdown.

Sanuku's comments:

05-30-2013, 12:15 AM
Serious no comments or people saying they like the game? This game was my game of the week. Great game.
05-30-2013, 01:23 AM
Oh a runner.. I think I pick this up although it looks not very special

Game Center: sink_or_swim
05-30-2013, 05:08 AM
So I spent some time with this. It's a good endless runner with lots of fun power-ups. You jump by tapping the left side of the screen, keep holding and you do a double jump (similar to crazy Bill), tap the right side of the screen to shoot.
You earn coins while playing only by jumping on rats, I've not managed to get more then 20 coins in a run. But you get coins by completing missions so for now I don't think the upgrades are too expensive
Now the bad thing: the collision detection is HORRIBLE!! You ran into a rat, lose a life but then you should be invisible for at least a second. Losing two lifes within one second is so frustrating.

Game Center: sink_or_swim
05-30-2013, 12:41 PM
I beta tested Sewer Wars and it's a very polished game with good art design and an interesting premise. The power-ups are plentiful and it's a fun game. Easily worth recommending for endless runner fans and I'm a little surprise it's been so overlooked.
05-30-2013, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I beta tested Sewer Wars and it's a very polished game with good art design and an interesting premise. The power-ups are plentiful and it's a fun game. Easily worth recommending for endless runner fans and I'm a little surprise it's been so overlooked.
I beta tested this one too and found it tedious and frustrating, even let the developer knew about the issues but never listened to me. And I know endless runners, its my favorite genre...