★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-13-2014, 12:27 AM
This is one of those games that I absolutely love even though I absolutely suck at it! I think my love for it is mostly due to nostalgia really, Super R-Type was maybe the 4th or 5th game I got for the Super Nintendo.

Currently #2 on the leaderboards, that sure as hell won't last long.

Edit: Forgot to mention, this runs a bit choppy on a 4th gen touch.

Last edited by JahkanTaka; 02-13-2014 at 12:30 AM.
02-13-2014, 02:32 AM
Playing this game reminded me how much better the music was in super r-type for the snes. Better music than any other r-type.

Any chances super r-type could ever be ported?

02-13-2014, 09:37 PM
Great stuff, DotEmu does it again. This one is new to me, I had only played the original R-Type back in the day (and more recently on iOS) so I am glad to see this on iOS and get the chance to play it.
02-13-2014, 10:19 PM
Prepping for trip, no time to play it with iCade.

Try touch control, good enough but this is much harder than R-Type. Bam, I am dead.

BTW, any chance to "slow down" the original R-Type? It is much faster than the EA version!

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
02-14-2014, 10:11 AM
Idk why but I have a hard time playing horizontal shooters. It feels weird moving the ship with my left hand. So weird that I have to turn my phone vertical and play with my right hand lol. I'm enjoying the game though = ).
03-01-2014, 06:59 AM
Just bought this. It's terrible. For some reason your ship can't die. Even tried driving through the scenery- same results. Deleted, re-installed, tried again... same thing.

Totally pointless. Sure, you can finish the game on one life if you really want now, because it's impossible to lose a life.
03-01-2014, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duh_d_dum View Post
Idk why but I have a hard time playing horizontal shooters. It feels weird moving the ship with my left hand. So weird that I have to turn my phone vertical and play with my right hand lol. I'm enjoying the game though = ).
Strange. For any relative touch games I always control games on the left and shoot with the right. Most shoot em ups and platformers seem to be this way
03-06-2014, 05:08 AM
There's an update out now which fixes that invincible bug. That was so weird. I knew something was wrong with the last version. I kept thinking I had toggled a cheat or something by accident but I couldn't find anything in the options.
03-06-2014, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duh_d_dum View Post
What's stopping you from using your right hand normally? Usually there's an option for swapping any buttons to the other side.
Usually.