iPad 2 - iOS 5.1.1 - Wacky Home Screen Icon Placement??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by syntheticvoid, Oct 14, 2012.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Alrighty... so... I woke up this morning, grabbed my iPad to update a couple games, and saw a bunch of my icons in the top left corner on the homescreen. I was able to move them around and place them anywhere I wanted...

I've never run into this before, and doing a hard reset fixed it... but I was just wondering if anyone else had run into this before??

Attached Files:

2. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Happened 1x with me. Did the hard reset just like and the problem was fixed.

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    =o)

Thanks... just glad to hear I'm not the only one. =oP

4. Firetruck94

Firetruck94 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    on mars
    But why would you want to change it? That looks freakin amazin!

5. Yeah, get weird stuff with the menus lots of times any ios since I got over 700 games pn my new ipad 64gb. Sometimes my icons totally disappear off, sometimes folders disappear and after a hard boot, the apps aren't in that folder and are all over the main menu. Scattered everywhere.

6. Human X

Human X Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Gamer
    Australia
    I've had my iPad since mid-February and it has happened to me four times. Copies of my apps are all bunched up in the top left corner with the normal layout shifted left and down. Just another iPad bug to deal with, I guess.

7. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Ah, yeah. I had that happen a few times. It's something to do with unlocking just as your orientation changes or something :/ Fixes when you change the orientation again, or so it did for me.