★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: BluBox
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 86.1 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: ** Global Game Jam 2012 Winner **
** IndieCade Festival 2014 Finalist **
** GDC Best In Play 2015 - Honorable Mention **

TouchArcade: 4 out of 5 - "For those who enjoy playing with balls, iO has plenty to show you."

AppleNApps: 4 out of 5 - "iO is a finely crafted platformer that keeps things fresh making it well worth picking up."

Gamezebo: 4 out of 5 - "It's packed with unique style and mechanics that give it an edge over similar titles."

iO - A Physics Platformer

A physics platformer about size, speed and momentum unlike anything youve ever seen before!

Grow, shrink, roll, leap and climb in this unique puzzler featuring over 150 challenging mazes one-of-a-kind gameplay that includes portals, inverted gravity, vehicles and more! Share your times with friends on the global leaderboards and become a time/space legend!

- Play with size, weight and mass to reach the exit as fast as possible!
- Over 150 puzzles to solve and more coming in future updates.
- Intuitive touch controls.
- Make new friends and compete against old ones on the Global Leaderboards.
- Unlock new achievements.
- Unique and wide variety of gameplay mechanics including gravity manipulation, portals, vehicles and more!
- Retro-futuristic visuals.
- View, edit and share replays via Everyplay
02-17-2015, 06:10 AM
Another cool PC port that I can easily recommend assuming the transition is handled well.

It's a physics platformer (obviously) a little like Type Rider and NightSky in that you're spherical and you use that to your advantage in the level-based puzzles. There's a cool twist though where you can change your size on the go which can get you to unreachable places, weigh down platforms and even alter your velocity on slopes. It's pretty cheap too; it's 6.99 on PC so this is a no brainer for me.

02-17-2015, 01:12 PM

Look at that trailer and tell me you don't want to try it. It looks amazingly good! Thanks Pete

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.
02-17-2015, 01:21 PM
While I was watching the trailer I was praying for 60 levels. This game has over 150! I'm spoiled!
02-18-2015, 03:56 AM
No one's playing this? Seriously? O_O It's bloody brilliant.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
02-18-2015, 06:52 PM
Game Impressions

@metalcasket, you are 100% right!
02-18-2015, 11:33 PM
Huge fan of Type Rider & Nightsky. How can I resist? Plus lots of love from the senior members. Looks like I need to have this tonight :-)
02-19-2015, 01:02 AM
Looks like a really great game! Downloading it now. No IAP!! Thank you developers!
02-19-2015, 07:44 AM
I couldn't go wrong with such a high opinion from the best members on TA - thanks! What a great game. Controls seems spot on & love the concept. Played a few levels & LOVED it. Can't wait to spend some time with it.
02-19-2015, 03:39 PM
I wish you could zoom out to see the whole level at any point that you wanted to. I know you get a quick look at the start of a level but I'd like to zoom out & think of my plan. Although maybe that's part of the challenge. It's not a big deal. Just found myself pinching the screen to no avail by habit. The farther I get the happier I am with this game.