Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #181  
Old 01-22-2015, 09:34 PM
Kirenx Kirenx is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ste86uk View Post
Forgot about this game when I got my iPad but judging by reviews I'm not sure It's worth picking up.
It's a super fun game, but the digital execution is lacking. The fact that the IOS version has about 90% fewer races than on PC also doesn't help the matter. Still, it isn't horrible, it simply could have been so much better.
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 01-22-2015, 10:26 PM
ste86uk ste86uk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirenx View Post
It's a super fun game, but the digital execution is lacking. The fact that the IOS version has about 90% fewer races than on PC also doesn't help the matter. Still, it isn't horrible, it simply could have been so much better.
Ah is often the case with many of these games...so many that could be so much more or something special but they fail to put the effort in or do it wrong.

I'll just keep my eye on it then as I have...maybe we will get Blood Bowl 2 instead.
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 02-26-2015, 12:02 PM
athros athros is offline
Member
iPad Air, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 57
Default

Dark Elves and Lizardmen released today. $2.99 USD each
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 02-26-2015, 05:07 PM
Rawk GWJ Rawk GWJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 165
Default

I sort of forgot about this game. A price drop is a good way to jog my memory though.

Any advice for a new player?
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 02-26-2015, 11:28 PM
athros athros is offline
Member
iPad Air, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawk GWJ View Post
I sort of forgot about this game. A price drop is a good way to jog my memory though.

Any advice for a new player?
1.) The tutorial sucks. There are several linked videos on page 1 and 2. TotalBiscut's series is pretty good.
2.) RTFM. Seriously. Blood Bowl Competition Rules.
3.) Read Parkingtigers posts on page 1 and 2. Good advice.
4.) Seriously RTFM. The game is complicated.
5.) Start as Orcs. They're a solid starting team.
6.) There is a little bubble in the bottom left corner that will give you the odds. Pay attention to it.
7.) In a turn, do the safest things first. Risky things lead to turnovers.
8.) Playbooks - Read them after the manual!
9.) Manual - Read it.

Last edited by athros; 02-27-2015 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: correcting the links
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 02-27-2015, 12:30 PM
{SQUEEK} {SQUEEK} is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by athros View Post
1.) The tutorial sucks. There are several linked videos on page 1 and 2. TotalBiscut's series is pretty good.
2.) RTFM. Seriously. Blood Bowl Competition Rules.
3.) Read Parkingtigers posts on page 1 and 2. Good advice.
4.) Seriously RTFM. The game is complicated.
5.) Start as Orcs. They're a solid starting team.
6.) There is a little bubble in the bottom left corner that will give you the odds. Pay attention to it.
7.) In a turn, do the safest things first. Risky things lead to turnovers.
8.) Playbooks - Read them after the manual!
9.) Manual - Read it.
This is the best advice i have seen. Lol

Great game but do not start thinking its a madden game.... But you will lose and never play again.... Or write a crappy review.

Yes i am still pist about that.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 02-28-2015, 10:47 AM
Parkingtigers Parkingtigers is offline
Senior Member
iPhone (Original), OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 140
Default

I'd forgotten all about this thread, been kind of busy for playing much Blood Bowl since my last post in here. Recently upgraded to an iPad mini 3, so got a lot more space and a shinier screen. Now I see there are two more teams released I'm going to be all over those. Lizardmen and Dark Elves were a great choice to add next. I'm thinking Dark Elves will suit my play style nicely. Agile enough to dodge about a bit, and vicious sods who like to hurt their opponents. Time to start a fresh campaign I reckon.

Hi to all those that still play this. It's a good game, got a ton of good gaming hours out of it so far. I really hope they still add in a couple of extra stadiums at some point but I've still never regretted this purchase.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent