Support our Sponsors:

Old 10-30-2013, 06:54 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusjr98 View Post
I definitely feel you sister. You think managing space on a 16GB is hard? I have an 8GB!
That is way too small, you should have bought a bigger one!
Old 10-30-2013, 08:38 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to dariusjr98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
That is way too small, you should have bought a bigger one!
That's the thing: I didn't buy it. The person who bought it for me didn't know much about the iPhone, and honestly at the time neither did I. I have a normal iPhone 4, and I got it about 1 and 1/2 years ago.

And I would buy a new one if I could, but Apple products are overpriced, and a new phone is definitely not one of my priorities now.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:42 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusjr98 View Post
That's the thing: I didn't buy it. The person who bought it for me didn't know much about the iPhone, and honestly at the time neither did I. I have a normal iPhone 4, and I got it about 1 and 1/2 years ago.

And I would buy a new one if I could, but Apple products are overpriced, and a new phone is definitely not one of my priorities now.
Same here, I would love the new mini but I only bought this a few months ago and can't afford another big purchase anytime soon, there's a million other things I have to pay for first.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:47 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I used to care a lot about file sizes--my iPad used to fill up pretty quickly. But finally I realized I usually only play one game at a time. I'll play a game until I beat it or get sick of it and then move on to the next. So really its not a big issue for me to just delete a game once I move on to the next. I used to think "oh maybe I'll come back to this later" after moving on to the next game. But I never really do. Once I'm done with a game and moved on I usually never go back so no need to keep it on my device. And if I ever DO want to play it again I can always just redownload it.

That might not work for some gamers who can split their focus on multiple games at once but that's just how I play games on iOS--at least when it comes the kind of games that have 1 gb+ file sizes. There might be a few casual games thrown in the mix that I just always keep on my device--but those tend to be smaller anyways.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:28 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Imagine how often I'm deleting apps on my 16 gb? Which is really only 13 because of the pre installed files.I knew nothing of Apple devices when I purchased mine and thought I'd be using mainly for browsing the web, how naive I was!
Same here Well, I got mine as a present, but back then I had absolutely no clue that it would become my main gaming device.

Still, a 128GB iPad is way too expensive for me, so them being available doesn't help at all. If 64GB were the standard size (or here's a novel idea, if iDevices could use SD cards), maybe then for most people game filesize wouldn't matter so much.

As it is now, yeah, filesize does matter. If a game is over 200MB I have to start thinking about what I can delete, so I have to really think it is better than any of the games that are still on my device, which, because I have to be so stingy with space, are all really pretty good.

Quote:
I'm thankful that I can keep everything in my iTunes library on my laptop so there is always the option I can reinstall, it's just a pain in the butt losing my progress and having to start again.
iFunbox works really well for that and it doesn't take much time to backup your progress at all.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:28 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Lol apple has to fix the size in the AppStore
It should display the installed file size
And how much space is required to install the game...
Old 10-31-2013, 05:36 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by lena View Post

Still, a 128GB iPad is way too expensive for me, so them being available doesn't help at all. If 64GB were the standard size (or here's a novel idea, if iDevices could use SD cards), maybe then for most people game filesize wouldn't matter so much.

iFunbox works really well for that and it doesn't take much time to backup your progress at all.
Yeah I'll never be getting a 128gb ever as I know I'd never be able to afford it, and I think even if I could I'd feel really guilty, I could take my husband and little girl on holiday for the same amount of cash. But I would have been able to stretch to the 32gb if I had known how important storage was going to be.

Thank you for the ifunbox info, had never heard of it before.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:35 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

You can get 3 TERRABYTE hard drives to store all your apps. Well your entire digital life like I have. Waaaaay cheaper than getting a 128gb iPad. All I do is get the standard 16gb model, all my content is stored in the HD. Prices for flash-based storage are too high.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:40 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Dont think storage is the issue. I keep all my apps on dropbox or Mega.nz.

But i work away a lot so i dont always have access to all these apps, specially on an ipod touch 5th gen unless i have wifi somehow on the train etc.

Thats one reason why i like to 'horde' tons of my device, my parents dont have the internet (i know i know !) so when i see them i have no connection. On my iphone i wont be able to install anything over 50 meg etc.

The annoying thing is adding 128 gig to an ipad or ipod doesnt cost Apple much at all as memory isnt expensive, theres room on the device to add it. Granted on the iphone i know they're compact like anything but surely thats doable.

Go back 2 years and you hardly got apps over a gig, now its common as anything.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:06 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by saansilt View Post
I am making this so we can discuss if a game's file size really does matter.
Since that is where the ooga jump discussion is heading.
My example: Star Battalion- 276mb. 3D gameplay, full campaign with co op and a real nice backstory.
The fact that GL did so much with that little really makes it my favorite gameloft game.

So does a game's filesize matter in terms of the quality in it? Is there such a thing as "too big for a jumper"?
No space means cannot install, means cannot buy from App Store. XCom is now on sale. I have no space for it, so even if it goes 99, I can't buy it.

Hope that helps...